#7669 Toy Bronies Unite!

Home Forums Special Interest Divisions #7669 Toy Bronies Unite!

• This topic is empty.

#7669 Toy Bronies Unite!

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

#7669 ToyBroniesUnite

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Welcome fellow Bronies!

ToyBroniesUnite Division #7669 (Which spells out PONY on a keypad!)

Looks like everypony is going to get a chance to spread Brainwash Cookies!
      (I Wonder if Pinkie Pie already has the recipe?)

TBU On Facebook!

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

Geezus Crimony! That logo is Amazing! You do good work AtomicSoul! No. Not good. Incredible! I hope that we can accomplish some good things and have some fun with this. And chat about ponies along the way. Whoo! *salutes

• B34R
      Participant

thought jet said this falls under ARK?

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Don’t recall that, but if you call some Bronies a furry you’ll be met with disdain. I’d just as well avoid that conflict and have a group where like minded individuals, no matter their other passions, can meet and have fun. :)

B34R:
      thought jet said this falls under ARK?

• B34R
      Participant

TheAtomicSoul:

ahh ok and ya i understand the whole furry/bronie debate thing lol but i understand

• Shanawolf
      Participant

Hi all, Just thought I would say a bit as I was just approved.
      Have to agree with KillerCapybara, that logo is fantastic!
      I was hoping someone would be creating a division for FIM fans.
      Former Toy Scout, now simple Toy Soldier Shanawolf TS27396 reporting.

As to the Furry/Bronie thing, I am an old grey muzzle of the furry fandom, and technically, by what furry started out being, Bronies would qualify, but the furry fandom has deviated a lot from it’s beginning and I can understand some ponies not wanting to be associated with the furry community as it stands today.

• Zolgar

>.>
      And a lot of us Furries don’t want to be associated with the Bronies!

Sorry, I jest.

• Shanawolf
      Participant

Actually a valid point Zolgar, That’s why I am glad there are divisions for both in the TSA. Love, Tolerance and cookies for all!

Oh, and a question, In the spirit of Dr. Steel, should we be thinking of building Pony Robots, Not like the RD-5000 (swag!), but still, pony robots anybody?

• Fiat
      Participant

WOOT
      figured this would happen here soon
      PS. I cannot seem to request to join the group, Perhaps a bug?
      EDIT: NVM, it went through

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

Shanawolf:
      Actually a valid point Zolgar, That

• Shanawolf
      Participant

True, the RD-5000 is 20% more awesome than the average pony-bot could ever hope to be, but do you think Demon will ever give over the toy production rights?
      Granted, Spike.Mov did regain the popularity of those silly finger skateboards for a few weeks, but still.. ;)

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

magic.mov brings up the question how he’s going to get Dash back in the picture; he’s still got it looking like she’s got a show to go.

• Shanawolf
      Participant

My vote is: In true awesome Pegasus fashion, her soul walks out of Tartarus, skulls around her neck after whipping the biggest baddest the underworld has to offer. Then whoops the Titans destroying ponyville, squashes her mechanized doppelganger, and proceeds to reek holy vengeance upon the yellow one who destroyed her mortal shell, And then becoming a god over all existence, including the paltry sun and moon.
      Which of course leads to total disaster because, really? Rainbow ruling the entire cosmos? Pinky alone would tease her into a big bang.

Eh, but whatever HDD comes up with I’m sure will be great.

• Commander JET
      Participant

Stay Golden Ponyboys! 8)

• Commodore Wholf
      Participant

How did this happen? If somebody told me a year ago, that I would be watching My Little Pony, I would probably have punched them in the eye. I still can’t admit to my friends that I watch it. It blows my mind that a children’s show could have such a massive effect so quickly. It’s almost embarrassing. I’m in the local gun club, spend my evening at a cigar lounge, and supervise at a factory for a living. And now I have a Fluttershy desktop. Has anybody else had trouble adjusting to being a Brony? And what pulled you in?

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

Trouble adjusting? Well, I had some trouble telling my friends about it at first. Nothing really bad. i got one of them hooked on to the show, but my other friends weren’t so kind and tease me about it sometimes (one has some fantasy about invading Equestria and enslaving them (I don’t even know)). Outside my friends (and the Internet) I keep it mostly to myself. And I got hooked after seeing all of the image macros and all of the people talking about it online. So I caved and watched it, and found myself enjoying it quite a bit.

• Shanawolf
      Participant

I’ll admit it is easier for us gals to be open about loving FIM, but I do feel bad now. I was horrendous to my younger sister for liking G-1. (Blech!), and now she gets to pay me back for loving G-4.
      If you ever need to back up the fact that real men can Pony, just send them to DustyKatt, No one can challenge the mustache! No One!

• Shay Starling
      Participant

*is new*
      That awesome moment when you find bronies/pegasisters in an unexpected place…. [Image Can Not Be Found]

• Shanawolf
      Participant

Welcomen Shay. Yes you found our secret hide out. THE HERD IS EVERYWHERE!
      And, just my personal opinion: Not liking the whole pegasister label. I understand it, but I’m just another brony. Besides, how can a unicorn be a pegasis, well, unless she’s an alicorn; but then she’d be an alicorn, and probably royalty, so still not a pegasis per se. It just isn’t logical.. hmm.. might require more study.
      So, cookies anyone?

• Shay Starling
      Participant

*nodnod* I get that, too. I usually just say “brony”, except that I identify myself as a pegasis (probably because if I could be anything, I would be a pegasus). *shrug*

BUT THANK YOU I’m excited. 83 *takes cookie* Yay!

>//> As to the topic that was actually at hand before my rude interruption (SORRYSORRY)… I’ve always been a pony fan. I loved G1 as a child, and now, watching MLP:FIM brings up the warm feeling I have connected to G1. And FIM consistently blows me away with its depth. Ironically, I was sucked in by a friend who doesn’t even watch it regularly. She referenced it once, and I had to go look it up because I like to know what my friends are talking about. And that pilot…I knew there was no going back after that.

• Seisrush
      Participant

Post deleted

• Shanawolf
      Participant

Seisrush, Really? Could you please remove that picture from your post. That is definitely, NOT what this group is about. Yes, many of us are aware of that sort of thing. But it does not belong in a discussion of My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic.
      I find it degrading and offensive.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Seisrush

Most Bronies can see the humor in our fandom and laugh with the rest at the HotDiggityDemon animations. (Which I bet 90% of the people who do watch that are Bronies.) I personally enjoyed the shed.mov animation the most so far!

AS to pony being the #’s, I thought that was clever of me. :oops:
      It was also a glitch when the group was created using Pony in the name of the forum threads, another slip of mine when the group was made. With the exception of hovering over the link the name of the division was updated to reflect the ToyBroniesUnite group. The link showing pony can’t be fixed as it’s part of the site coding setup.

I personally don’t associate “pony” in your prior mentioned terms and my first thought is MLP, as it’s the primary association I have when the word pony comes to mind. Also on your final sentence this group, Bronies in general, nor the furry fandom revolves around that concept itself. Thats about like saying all Japanese Anime revolves around tentacles. :/

I didn’t see the image posted but I would like to say now that if any images are posted from here on, they do need relation to MLP and be in good taste.

I hope I was able to clarify a little bit of information; not trying to start any arguments, etc. and I hope we can all consider this topic, now and in the future, closed.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

MEET TWILIGHT SPARKLEs voice actor!
      Tara Strong will be at The Knoxville Comic and Anime Con next month here in Knoxville, TN!

If you’re in the area swing by, meet her, and get an autograph signed!
      Entry into the con is only $5 a day! Wear and costume and have a chance to win $200!

Also It seems Tara is a very big Brony fan! :-D

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant

Tara LOVES her brony fans. She has been dubbed the Queen of the Bronies by the Twitterverse. Seriously, if you have twitter, follow her. She’s awesome.

Also, The gloriousness that is John De Lancie is working on a Brony documentary because he doesn’t like the way some of the media is portraying us.

Epic Discord!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

For those 11 that were here before the group became official:
      Something Wicked This Way Comes
      More details on it tonight or tomorrow.
      And an extra I plan on giving to Tara next month. ;)

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

Tinker the paper lord:
      Also, The gloriousness that is John De Lancie is working on a Brony documentary because he doesn

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

TheAtomicSoul:
      For those 11 that were here before the group became official:
      Something Wicked This Way Comes
      More details on it tonight or tomorrow.
      And an extra I plan on giving to Tara next month. ;)

As soon as I post a message, I find this! And, since I was one of those 11 who was here before it was official, my curiosity is peaked. Hope you can get the info to us as soon as possible! I’m excited! :-P

• Shanawolf
      Participant

That is the first I had heard Mr. De Lancie and documentary mentioned. Wow. If he’s not a full one, honorary Brony status for that dude for life!
      Wish I could fit BronNYcon into my schedule this year; that’s going to be to one to attend.
      Shay’s post sparked my curiosity: OC ponies; Do you have one? If so: what type, name, short description, your cutie mark, and why?

For me it’s: Unicorn, Artis Minstrel, see my avitar for mane and coat color, green eyes, and an acoustic 6 sting guitar crossed with a traditional ink nib pen, because I write and perform music and I am an artist.

• jedimom
      Participant

My OC

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/097/b/e/saber_burning_by_toysoldierjedimom-d4vdlpl.png

Name: Saber Burning

Race: Unicorn

Cutie mark: Jedi symbol (like my tattoo)

What it symbolizes: Jedi

Special talent: Lightsaber skills

Personality: Honorable. Tries to do the best she can at all times

Goals/Dreams: Bringing peace to the Equestrian Galaxy

Job: Jedi

Best friends: Derpy and Dinky

What would he look like if he was a human: Me but skinnier!

What would he look like if he was a dragon: Brown

Celestia or Luna: Luna!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Toy Bronies Unite Vinyl Car Decals!

As said before I wanted to do something special for the first members who agreed to join the herd and in doing so helped get it started!

killercapybara
      keydrian
      fiat95

Thanks for being one of the first to offer and join the ToyBroniesUnite group! Send me a PM with your mailing address!

Steamchaser
      Zapper
      YJ Grimm
      jedimom
      Dr. Sheilagh R. Elfinstone
      J.C. Heretic
      – Jade Valor (did you want in with this group too?)

Join the TBU Group http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/groups/7669-pony/ and send me a PM with your mailing address!

============================================

I also registered TOYBRONIESUNITE.COM (for safety of the name) and will redirect it to the TSU site later!

• Shay Starling
      Participant

Argh, I have yet to get my OC/ponysona down, but now I have an additional impetus to do so. I’m notoriously indecisive, and quite the perfectionist (…quite), but I’ll be sure to let you know once I get it all pegged. :3 I’m really enjoying them all so far, though!

OwO Waaaah, those decals are awesome! TotallysomethingI’dbuy

Oh! Is anyone going to Everfree in Washington? It’s their first year, but it could be pretty promising (plus it’s always fun being in on stuff at the first year).

• Zapper
      Participant

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD! It happened! It actually happened!
      I haven’t been on here the last month or so because I’ve been very very busy.

But this was the best thing to come back to.. I have nothing important to say.. I love you guys.
      -brohoof-

• Shanawolf
      Participant

/) Zapper, glad you came back to awesome!

Shay, if you are having trouble deciding, you could always be one of Chrysalis’ family. Then you could be multiple ponies. ; ) *Ducks and covers*

Hmm.. Jedi, Light-Saber, Force / Unicorn, Horn, Magic…. All Hale the New Lunar Republic!

• Aww, we love YOU Zapper! -brohoofs back-

And I feel you, Shay. I’ve given very little thought to my own ponysona, because I too am a horrendous perfectionist. Though, I’m sure at this point that I’ll make her a unicorn, she’ll be some kind of Doctor and/or healer, and be friends with Doctor Whooves and/or Zecora.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant
    • jedimom
      Participant

Going back to an old Pony issue:

It’s official: Derpy’s one speaking role has been changed. Ugh. Her name is now gone and her voice has changed and even the art has been changed to make her less “offensive”. What is so offensive about the name “Derpy”? It could even be a nickname. A derp is an oopsy. Its no worse than a nickname of Crash or Klutz or Wrong Way Corrigan!

If ANYONE should be offended by Derpy, it would be me. I have had eye problems all my life (I have a glass eye) and have been teased MERCILESSLY as a child because of it. A lot of harm was brought upon me by my eyes.

However, Derpy is a beautiful, fun and caring pony and funny pony. If anything she has brought the pony community togtehr with love and the love of her character. I hear no one complaining about her but a very few. And some people just get upset over anything. Political correctness sometimes is not a good thing. Someone is ALWAYS going to be upset over something, no matter how it is played out. Whatever happened to majority rules?

I also have a son who has Asperger’s Syndrome. He loves Derpy as much as I do.

Derpy is not an offensive name in the least.

• TheAtomicSoul: We seem to have quite a group interested in the medical field! :D
      Though

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

A ponysona… what an interesting thing those are. Well, I once time challenged myself to make the most awkward looking pony possible. I succeeded… The results were interesting. But I digress! I guess if I had one (may make one in the future) I imagine that they’d be working at Sofa’s and Quills, so I could lie on a sofa all day, write stuff, and say, “You break, you buy..”

• jedimom
      Participant

Got my decal today! Now to find space on my van for it! LOL

• jedimom
      Participant

At least I give people reading material at stop lights

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa259/jedimomg/tbu2.jpg
      http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa259/jedimomg/tbu.jpg

• Shay Starling
      Participant

:D Okay guys, I finally have a brony story to tell!

Now, I’m not sure how much you know about the California goth scene, so I’ll give a bit of background info. Once a year they (…we?) have what they (…we?) call “Bats Day at the Fun Park”, wherein they (…we?) storm Disneyland dressed…well…however the heck they (…we?) want to be dressed. The scope of dress runs from Steampunk/Victorian Goth all the way to Post-Apocalyptic Cyber Goth, and it’s just a really fun thing where everyone get to be themselves.

Anyway, we were in line to ride and take photos in front of the Haunted Mansion ride (along with everyone else for Bats Day yesterday). A group of fellow Steampunk enthusiasts a bit in front of us in line began singing (read as: yelling their lungs out at the top of their voice) The Fun Song from Spongebob Squarepants.

And that’s when I started thinking. “I bet if they can get a Spongebob sing-along going, I could get a My Little Pony sing-along going!” I commented to my best friend, who is not a brony.

“Yeeeah no,” she said dubiously.

“I will bet you ten dollars that I can find at least ONE other person in this line who is a My Little Pony fan!” I contested loudly.

It was at this point that one of the girls in the group in front of us raised her hand as quietly as can be.

I said, “YES!” and pumped my fist in victory. I have never seen my friend so shocked.

^0^ Turns out, her whole group was composed of fans! One is a Fluttershy fan, and her compadre doesn’t have a favorite pony.

My friend commented, “Well, there you go. There is a pony for everyone.”

:’D My life is awesome sometimes. My friend, myself, and my cousin are smack dab in the middle, back row, standing. My fellow bronies are sitting on the steps in front of us.

In regard to ongoing conversations: Jedimom. Your car is so beautifully decorated I may explode from awesome. >w> And I’m in the process of finalizing my OC design.

• Shanawolf
      Participant

That is amazing Shay.

As to the Derpy thing Jedimom; yea, touchy subject.
      IN the end I can understand Hasbro back-peddling on the video releases. They were getting flack bordering on the legal kind. And they are after all just a toy company (no burning please.:) And HUB is pretty much just a commercial network shilling their toys. We have such an amazing relationship with DHX, formerly Studio B, as a fandom. They threw us a bone and it was nice and crunchy. They love us, we love them and half the MLP staff are involved in the fandom in one form or another. It is sad that they remodeled our Derpy from how she first aired, and even underped her eyes in the release. But, She will still be lurking in the background, and at least the voice she was given for the edit is very similar to that of PierceMoulder, who is the sort of accepted fannon voice of Derpy, and who also has Asperger’s. So they still tried. Our little Ditzy/Derpy began with we the Bronies, and she is ours. In a way she has become our symbol. And nothing Hasbro, HUB or the horrid mundane/muggle complainers do will ever take her from us. Even the staff at DHX have said as much. She may never be featured up front again, and like many I really thing Hasbro blew it on a potentially uplifting and teachable moment. I think they did what they had to do in this age of sue first and screw the world.

Sorry for the long post, but this is one very, very close to my heart. Caused a lot of hurt in the fandom and many, many tears shed.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I… must be the odd ball out on Derpy: I thought the show took it a step too far.

(Now before I get mule kicked out of here let me explain!)
      I’ve got NO problem with Derpys eyes.
      I’ve got no problem with her voice, BUT I envisioned her voice more like the edited version then the original. Apparently, so did the writer.
      What I do have a problem with is how she is portrayed. She goes beyond being a klutz (which is what “derpy” has always meant to me) to being downright stupidly dangerous. It wasn’t any longer that she made mistakes but she became completely oblivious to her surroundings and lacking any recognition afterwards (which she did when she and the other dropped the stuff on Twilight in a prior show.)
      On the other hoof, if all those things happened over the span of the show instead of all together it wouldn’t have that overdone feel to it.

Now on what Hasbro did with the video, that I do NOT agree with. Changing her eyes should NOT have occurred; to me, that itself seemed like changing a fundamental part of the character.
      The character FLAWS are what attracted me to the show. Take the Mane 6:
      Rainbow Dash: self centered
      Rarity: Greedy
      Fluttershy: fearful, occasional paranoia
      Applejack: head strong, ornery.
      Pinkie Pie: Possibly ADD, doesn’t recognize personal space, went INSANE!
      Twilight Sparkle: OCD. Occasional moments of insanity.

I like Derpy as a character and her eyes were part of her flaws, but I prefer her occasional mistakes that gave the feel of “Woops- I made a mistake! Sorry” then the “I did something wrong and I don’t know what it is.” That recognition, I guess, is what it felt like it was missing.
      I watch for the character issues they all have, because that’s something most, if not all, prior animations would ever touch.

EDIT: Not too ironically, they’ve covered each in their own episodes, though they retained the flaws afterward. ;)

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

As I’ve still got several of the Toy Bronies Unite Vinyl Decals available (as few of the original group provided me their addy) I’ll send one to the next five people who ask! (Just msg me your address!)

And yes, they are FREE- including free shipping! And this is NOT limited to the USA either!

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

One thing I really Like about MLP is that they’ve created this giant fantasy world with different species and other unique elements. And that there’s so much they haven’t talked about. So this leaves room for a lot of speculation and room for fans to do some world-building. It’s one of my favorite things about the show. So people can get really creative with this stuff. Like Early Equestrian history, character origins, other countries, new species, etc. Since not much of this has been addressed, this allows fanon to flourish! Any parts of fanon that you guys like to learn about/are interested in?

• Shay Starling
      Participant

Alrighty, while I hate to beat the dead pony (*is shot*), I would just like to add my two (if that many :P ) cents to the Derpy issue. I have never discussed my feelings on the topic with anyone, so forgive me if I am less than eloquent.

First of all, I loved Derpy as she was. My perspective, though, is slightly different from others expressed, and therefore my feelings must also be. I do not have a developmental disability or physical trait similar to Derpy’s. I have Obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety/depression disorder though, so I’m quite familiar with “derp” moments (not to mention how my overactive imagination leaves me very spacey at times). The experience that I feel most impacts my feelings on this matter is that of growing up behind what I have begun calling “The Black Curtain” of special needs education.

When I was a child in elementary school and middle school, our classrooms were non-inclusive–to put it mildly. The special needs children were sequestered in a small building about the size of the school office. It was tucked away in the corner of the school, behind the Kindergarten classrooms. They did not play in our playground–they had their own. We never saw them or spoke with them. One day, after I’d been picked on (…yeah, I was THAT kid), I ran into their yard to hide and cry it out, and that was the first time I ever met those “other” kids. And you know what? I was TERRIFIED. They were as nice as humans could possibly be, of course, but my first encounter with people who were not like me should NOT have produced in me that kind of fear. Middle school was similar. By then I had grown enough to think being afraid of them was stupid, but my classmates did not all feel the same way.

Shanawolf, your opinion was probably closest to my own. I feel that Hasbro squandered an extremely teachable moment. These days, inclusive programs are becoming more common, and many school-aged viewers of MLP:FIM probably have more contact daily with special rights classmates than I ever did, but I know there are several places that still employ “The Black Curtain”. Derpy was, to me, a beautiful example of how people who are “different” are more like us than we realize. TheAtomicSoul raises a good point, also, that she did seem a little overdone. However, that only served to endear her further to me. One of the best books I’ve ever read about the autism spectrum was composed of brief, non-fiction accounts written by parents of children at various ages and in various places on the spectrum. Some of the tales those parents contributed portray individuals eerily similar to the way Derpy was first aired–lack of awareness and all. Both the show and the fandom regularly portray her, though, as a relatively successful pony. She has a job even as a background pony, she has likes and dislikes, she regularly contributes to the overall sense of community in the show. Some in the fandom even think she has a daughter (though I admit this one is more than a little shaky). All-in-all, I felt she was a fantastic reminder that one can be a positive influence on society, even if one doesn’t seem to quite “fit in”.

All that having been said, I also understand why Hasbro, as a family company that would like to go on making money, felt the need to change her voice. And perhaps we can all just pretend that the shock of the lightening fixed her eyes for a moment. They were back to normal–yes, NORMAL, because “normal” is what you make it–soon enough.

Aaand this is what happens when you ask a Child Development major about anything involving children and adults with special rights. .////////. Uh…..I spent my Memorial Day painting Luna? Yay? *shot*

• Shanawolf
      Participant

Well said Shay. I know a lot of the fandom still has pent up emotion regarding the entire event.

BTW, are there any midwest pony-soldiers that will be attending SOGEN con in Sioux Falls in July? I will be there and would love to meet a few fellow solders, and pony fans.

• jedimom
      Participant

Just announced – SDCC Exclusive Pony will be DERPY!!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2012/05/exclusive-preview-the-2012-special-edition-my-little-pony/1#.T8Z0rcVIknj

If ANYONE is going to SDCC this year, I am begging you to PLEASE get one for me! I will pay you for it, of course! I NEED this! Derpy is ME!

• Shay Starling
      Participant

o__o Oh. My. Ponies. I WANT DERPY. Dx WHY IS COMIC CON SO RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE?

>w> Looks like I’ll hafta duke it out online….

D: And….well, I definitely won’t be at any midwest anything. TwT

>.>;; HerehavesomeLuna:

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

jedimom:
      Just announced

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Sending things off by mail and a special non-TSU someone is getting a Swag Bag of her own!

TSU_Tara

I’ll quietly post a link to the Commissary/ Marketplace where I’ve posted about vinyl MLP: FIM decals for sale. :)

• Shay Starling
      Participant

:D YAY~!! I have heard that Tara’s awesome, and I’m sure she’ll wear the sticker with pride. :3

D: Also, I’m very sorry about your car, my friend. :S We were in a bad accident last Friday, so I’m having to worry about replacing our car, too. >w> If I can scrape together anything, I’ll be sure to send it your way.

>//w//< And thank you! I'm currently planning out my next piece--a Discord figurine. :B I can't help it, I love the guy. ….Anyone else have a favorite pony villain?

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

If I can scrape together anything, I

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

@TheAtomicSoul: Yes! That is awesome! I hope Tara enjoys them!

@Shay Starling: Discord is my absolute favorite. His chaotic ways are just lovable and just plain awesome. Chrysalis is cool too. And even though she wasn’t really a true villain, I gotta give some credit to The Great and Powerful Triiiiiiiiiiiiiixie!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Oui, I meant to post this as well: It’s a comic someone is doing and it’s quite good! I think they’re pulling the main villain a tad from Bleach, but thats not a bad thing. ;)
      http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8052889

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

SOMETHING TWILICIOUS IS COMING.
      I got something in the mail, and I’m gonna share it with you. Well, at least two of you.

I’ll post more when I get off work. :-D

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

TheAtomicSoul:
      SOMETHING TWILICIOUS IS COMING.
      I got something in the mail, and I

• Shay Starling
      Participant

KillerCapybara:
      And even though she wasn

• Shay Starling
      Participant

._. And I neglected to state that the purple circle is where I was sitting. The blue circle shows the license plate of the person who hit us.

Sorry. Head injury. xD;;

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Now for the Twililicious News!

In the mail the other day I got three signed pics of Tara Strong!

Now I gatta keep one for my snail paced collection, but what of the other two?
      What shall I do with the other two?

Well, what else? I share them with you! :-D
      After all, things in life are always more fun with you can share it with someone!

To give these away I’ll be having a randomly selected person drawn to get the pics!
      To be fair I’ll give a month for people to POST HERE that they want in on the contest.
      I am going to give ONE away to members who are already part of this group as of this post.
      After this first drawing new members who join this group after this post will be added and then a second drawing will take place.

• B34R
      Participant

i would love you forever if i got it but if not i would still love and tolerate your A&& :D

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

Dibs! I call dibs! I want it! I want it more than I want… actually, my demands for wanting have been a bit low lately… More room in my heart to want this! *starts foaming at mouth*

Jk jk. But in all seriousness, I think it would be great to have one of those! It would be pretty cool little thing to own, as Tara is one of my favorite voice actors (she practically voiced my childhood). Let’s hope lady luck is on my side so I can win one of these!

• Commodore Wholf
      Participant

I’ll toss my hat in the ring! Why not?

I am curious, how did you go about getting these? Does she do things like this on a regular basis?

• Zapper
      Participant

I don’t want it.. I NEED IT! :twisted:

Was there a response to what you sent her? :D

• Shay Starling
      Participant

*0* Put me in, coach!!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Commodore Wholf:
      I am curious, how did you go about getting these?Does she do things like this on a regular basis?

She signs autographs, but she wasn’t able to come to the local con she was scheduled for.
      so I used some Chaos Magic I had collected to port to her location and slip them under her while she was signing her check book! (Who knew she signed her check book with a magic marker? O.o )

Zapper:
      Was there a response to what you sent her?

Hmmmm, you could say that. *busted* :oops:

Also HELLO TO THE NEW TOY BRONIES UNITE MEMBERS COMING IN! :mrgreen:

• Shanawolf
      Participant

I will abstain Atomic. It might be nice to have one, but I imagine it would mean more to others than myself.

• B34R
      Participant

be awesome if tarra strong become a toy soldier we would have alot more fun :D

• Shay Starling
      Participant

TheAtomicSoul: so I used some Chaos Magic I had collected to port to her location and slip them under her while she was signing her check book!

hehehehe

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

SO: I’m working on my current super secret project and realized that female MLP characters heads are roughly 1 1/2 times LARGER then a male characters when their bodies are matched at shoulder height. O.o
      (OR am I seeing things?)

It’s looking like people are going to stand a higher chance of winning; we’ve only had a handful say they want the autographed pic!

B34R: I hadn’t mentioned it, but she had signed the decal Tape and sent it back with the pics. I’m not sure she realized it was for her to keep too. XD

Shanawolf: That’s fine, but don’t ever think your happiness is less important or deserving then anothers! If it’ll make you happy, all you have to say is you’re in. :)

Shay Starling: And now 20% cooler!

• Chaplain Gumdrop
      Participant

I love Tara Strong. So much. I have been following her career for like ever. I can’t even begin to say how awesome she is. I really must have this or I will explode.

That happens to me sometimes.

• Osiris Bane
      Participant

So, I made this with one of those “ponysona” makers a while back:

• Osiris Bane
      Participant

Whoops, a little to eager to hit the submit button, forgot to add:
      I’m cackling maniacally at the thought of Tara Strong becoming a member of TSU. That’d be… pretty friggin’ awesome!

• Shanawolf
      Participant

That Bane is a changeling! Everypony panic randomly!
      (looks great. Intimidating but great.;)

• Osiris Bane
      Participant

Ha ha, I actually haven’t gotten that far into the series so I didn’t realize… just picked black and yellow because they’re TSU colours and, well, the insect wings seemed fitting with that particular colour combo. :P

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Hey, could anyone tell me the measurements (height to tip of head, length from nose to rump) of the brushable / standard size pony toys?

• Shanawolf
      Participant

According to my Pinkie senses, (I’m using my pinkie brushable as a check model) the eyeball measurements are:
      Height to top of head = 3″, 75mm to tip of ears = 3 1/8″, 78mm
      Length nose to rump = 1 7/8″, 50mm Nose to back of rear legs = 2″, 52mm

Wasn’t sure if you wanted SAE or metric.

Time it takes to break the 4th wall: .000000000025666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666(you get the idea) nano seconds.

Hope that helps.

• Keydrian
      Participant

i really need to check in more often 0.o boy have i missed a lot XD

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Just in case anypony didn’t know, Bronycon is going on in NY: http://www.everfreeradio.com/bronycon/

Also, thanks Shanawolf!

• Commodore Wholf
      Participant

TheAtomicSoul:
      Just in case anypony didn

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Not that I know of, though apparently one person I know who draws ponies (Tim Kangaroo) is there!

Bronycon had 4000 people in attendance AND they sold out of tickets to the point that if you didn’t per-register you didn’t get in!

• Commodore Wholf
      Participant

TheAtomicSoul:
      Not that I know of, though apparently one person I know who draws ponies (Tim Kangaroo) is there!

Bronycon had 4000 people in attendance AND they sold out of tickets to the point that if you didn

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Only SEVEN days left to enter, and only SIX people have entered so far!

Entries thus far: (If I missed you in the following, let me know!)

B34R
      KillerCapybara
      Commodore Wholf
      Zapper
      Shay Starling
      PfC Snickerdoodle

Shanawolf: you suuuure you don’t want in?

Osiris Bane & Keydrian: You didn’t say if you wanted in on the contest or not. :P

• Shanawolf
      Participant

Eh, why not. Go ahead and add me Atomic..

• jedimom
      Participant

Dr. Steel is a Brony

http://musthavecute.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/cute-kawaii-stuff-epicute-brony-birthday-cake.jpg

• Shay Starling
      Participant

Ahahahaha I’m back! >D owo Did anyone hear about the fire at Bronycon? We’re too hot. Mere mortal materials cannot house our epicness.

@Jedimom: THAT. IS. BRILLIANT. o.o Is that the one they make at walmart? Or maybe just the top portion? I think I’ve seen it before, ‘swhy I’m asking. >w< I wanna make a pony cake now!

• jedimom
      Participant

I don’t know. I found the picture on Memebase and had to post it

• Commander JET
      Participant

I just have to share…;)

Friday Night on the Late Night Jimmy Fallon show, Anthony Bourdain (chef and tv personality) spoke of Bronies and says he admits he loves to watch the show!

• Tinker the YJ
      Participant

Because Derpy.

Derpy

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

It looks like I posted it everywhere BUT here, but the Contest ends 7/13/2012.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant
    • TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Contest Ends Tomorrow (Today?) 7/13/2012!

• B34R
      Participant
    • KillerCapybara
      Participant

Well, I’m glad the contest is finally coming to an end. The anticipation has been killing me. I’ll be crossing my fingers and hoping I win. But good luck to all of you entered! I’m sure that whoever wins it will be happy with it! =Di

• Zapper
      Participant

Good luck everyone! :D

• Shay Starling
      Participant

^0^ Good luck everypony!

owo Anyone else stalking Hasbro’s toy site and seeing if they’ve posted Derpy yet? *GASP* Or have they decided not to sell her online for a limited time after all? D8 WAAAAAAAH!

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

BREAKING NEWS FELLOW BRONIES! A Season 3 sneak peek has been released for ComicCon audiences and recorded and put online! /(^3^) *squee* Catch the video below and check out the Equestria Daily article to see more here Video below!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mFtAF-y1PYs[/video]

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

TARA STRONG Contest is over!

THE WINNER IS… to be announc ed tomorrow! XD

• Zapper
      Participant

…. OH YOU! :C

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

Atomic Soul, you tease! :D

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

ALL entrants in no particular order:
      KillerCapybara
      Zapper
      B34R
      Shanawolf
      Commodore Wholf
      Shay Starling
      PfC Snickerdoodle

============================

First drawing for those who were members when the group started (over 2 months ago):
      1 KillerCapybara
      2 Zapper
      3 B34R
      4 Shanawolf

Second Drawing for all members that wanted in (except above winner)

4 Commodore Wholf
      5 Shay Starling
      6 PfC Snickerdoodle

Drawing chance of winning will be 1:4 for first autograph, then 1:6 for the second. Those are some awesome odds for a drawing! :D
      On the second drawing, the first three names will remain in the same order as the first drawing list, minus the first winners name.

Since I don’t really like those online random number generators (and I don’t think I really need one since I don’t have over 100 people in it) I’ll be rolling a PHYSICAL die for each contest: A D4 for the first and a D6 for the second!
      *GASP!* Using physical products in the modern age! :D

Also. . . please look at the above list and be sure I didn’t miss anyone. I tend to be unobservant from time to time! XD

=================================================================

Shay Starling: I admit I am stalking their site. Both the con in FL and SCDD are/were within the same week so I hope they do post them soon!
      This and Zecora will be the only ponies I’ve bought. XD

KillerCapybara Thanks for posting this! When is it supposed to start?

============

It seems they’re going to bring in the “Crystal ponies”- weren’t these the ones with gems in their eyes?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=3LkJ3_nVq8s&src_vid=acoEahrk3f4&annotation_id=annotation_921504

I’m sorry, but can anyone else envision Rarity wantign to Rip their eyes out? Or Spike wanting to eat their eyes for breakfast? XD[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=3LkJ3_nVq8s&src_vid=acoEahrk3f4&annotation_id=annotation_921504[/video]

OOH! There was a comment in the EQD post about “Fluttershy turning into a dragon and her cute voice coming from a giant lizard”
      What if the “Crystal Ponies” Turn out to be a type of Dragon in this series? :D

• Shanawolf
      Participant

I actually did it.. all 3 hours and 40 minutes of BronyPalooza from BroNYCon from EverFree Radio. Bouncing and dancing to the electronic artists with Tara on stage will now be apart of my workout routine. Hmmm.. “Dancing with Bronies, the fitness strategy from Tara Strong”.. I’d buy it.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

TARA STRONG AUTOGRAPH WINNERS

With a roll of Four our First Drawing Winner is Shanawolf!

With a roll of Five our second drawing winner is Shay Starling!

Congratulations Shanawold and Shay Starling!

Now send me a private message with your address and I’ll put them in the mail!

================================================

For those who didn’t win this round, don’t give up! I do hope to get more autographs from her and other cast members down the road and will hold more drawings!

(Sorry for the delay; my nephew came down unexpectedly and I was entertaining him! )

• B34R
      Participant

awe dang.o well congrats guys

• Chaplain Gumdrop
      Participant
    • Shay Starling
      Participant

OMIGOSH OMIGOSH OMIGOSH I’M SO EXCITED!! *darts off to message*

• Brethren
      Participant

Ah! I was keeping an eye out for a Brony division. Hello everypony, how are we all doing?

• Shanawolf
      Participant

Welcome Brethren, always nice to add another to the Toy Soldier stable. /)

• Brethren
      Participant

( Thanks for the welcome :)

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

Didn’t win the poster? Well, I tend not to win things. But next time, I’m playing to win! Congratulations to those who got the posters!

And welcome Brethren! It’s always nice to have more bronies joining us at TSU! :-P

And in Pony news, from what I’ve heard, Season 3 is starting next month! Somewhere in August! Become excited!

• Brethren
      Participant

What?! Really? Sweet! The drought is over!
      And I just finished getting my friend up to date yesterday, spent about five straight hours watching the second season from Last Roundup.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Welcome to the herd Brethren!
      … that is an awesome choice of a name!

KillerCapybara
      Next month? Seriously? Woot!

Dang! Apparently the Derpy figure Was in the Hasbro store and sold out! :(

I gave a ride to someone I work with (don’t know who she is) from out place down the hill to the other parking lot. While on the way she saw the TBU decal on my front window and commented everyones got a pony and she didn’t get it. I mentioned what got me into it, and she said she’d have to check it out. :D

• Brethren
      Participant

Why thank you, sir. To be honest, it started out as a reference to a video game and was a longer name, but I think I prefer it as just ‘Brethren’, sounds nicer.

• Sgt. Scary Scott
      Participant

I swear to god, I brought an idea for a Brony division back in December and was told to join the Furry division!

Why do my ideas get rejected when I say them, but when I am gone for months on end, someone else does it?

• Brethren
      Participant

Guess that’s just how things work, an idea needs to be said a couple of times before anything happens :P
      /)

• Madelchai

Sgt. Scary Scott:
      I swear to god, I brought an idea for a Brony division back in December and was told to join the Furry division!

Why do my ideas get rejected when I say them, but when I am gone for months on end, someone else does it?

In accordance with the prophecy.

• Sgt. Scary Scott:

Yes at first people where told to join ARK, but after the support for a brony only division grew and there was talk on the differnces between the 2 a new division was created.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Sgt. Scary Scott:

I had posted a pic of my brony character (theatomicsoul friendship is science) and had several people chime in wanting the division started. I had the same comment about it being part oif the ARK, but i pointed out how a portion of bronies dont want to be called/ considered/ are not furries. I think this helped in getting it going.:)

Sorry 4 typos, my phone is junk.

• Brethren
      Participant

TheAtomicSoul: I had posted a pic of my brony character (theatomicsoul friendship is science) and had several people chime in wanting the division started. I had the same comment about it being part oif the ARK, but i pointed out how a portion of bronies dont want to be called/ considered/ are not furries. I think this helped in getting it going.:)

Sorry 4 typos, my phone is junk.

Unlike a disturbing number of people I have no problem whatsoever with the furries and find them to be quite interesting. However, I wouldn’t consider myself one. I wouldn’t have any problem being associated with them, it’s just that our two fandoms aren’t interchangeable and there are a number of differences.

• Shay Starling
      Participant

:P *raises hand* I don’t consider myself a furry. Just sayin’ xDD

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I was writing a reply, but I realized it was getting a bit long and I’d rather not turn the thread into a “This Vs That.”

Simply put, I don’t understand the disassociation a large portion of Bronies (or Anime fans for that matter) have with the furry community, but I do believe you can be part of one thing without having to be part of another. I’m a furry. I’m a Brony. I’m an anime fan. When I’m around one group with a similar interest, I tend to just talk about what that groups about. I don’t hide what I am, but if I know they’re not into it I don’t talk about it, simply to be courteous. I think if they want to know more, they’ll say something. :)

• Brethren
      Participant

Indeed. I’m a brony, an anime fan, a martial artist and a steampunk, and I feel I’m just as much one as the other. I’m not a Furry, but I like Furries. It’s a shame I don’t know any IRL, not a huge population here :(

It’s also a shame that season 3 isn’t coming out next month -_- Guess it’s gonna be September.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Shanawold and Shay Starling: Your autographs are in the mail! :D

Zecora: It seems she was up for a Very short amount of time for preorders; she’s already been pulled!

Brethren: Say it isn’t so!

SO: No Derpy, No Zecora, and NO season 3? Man, August is going to be one bland month!

• Shay Starling
      Participant

@TheAtomicSoul: :D RECEIVED AND GIVEN A POSITION OF HIGH HONOR! Pictures to follow soon. x33

@Bretheren: D8 But…….but……. I was ready….I had my first-episode party all ready to go…..

Dx I can’t believe I missed out on Derpy AND Zecora. *flail*

• Brethren
      Participant

@Shay Starling: I know :( I was planning on having the whole brony gang over to watch the first episode. Guess I’ll have to wait for September.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

DOUBLE INVASION: MFM Furmeet!
      There will be a “Double Invasion” being held at Mephit Furmeet http://www.mephitfurmeet.org
      the TSU in general will have an invasion of the con itself AND the ToyBroniesUnite will invade the Brony meet at the con! It’s an invasion within an invasion! :D

Schedules for the con have not yet been released but if you’re attending try to be there!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

It seems they’re selling posters in the stores:

Screw the heroes, I want the villain one! :D

EDIT: and a high detail version of the Equestria map has been uploaded!

• Commander JET
      Participant

Hey..Pretty Pony calenders at Dollar Tree guys! ;)

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Doing a test run making T-shirts on my own and here’s one of the designs:

couple other designs here: http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/topic/theatomicsoul-gallery/#post-12960

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Anyone know when Zecora is supposed to be available at ToysRUs? She’s shown up on the website saying not available and my local store has no date yet.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant
    • Kasandra T. Zavrie
      Participant

I can’t wait for Season 3 of MLP-FiM. Has anyone heard of any rumors of a start date for the Season 3?

• Brethren
      Participant
    • Shay Starling
      Participant

I LIVE. Anyway~

Kasandra T. Zavrie:
      I can

• Brethren
      Participant

Shay Starling:
      I LIVE. Anyway~

The ONLY lead I have comes from Memebase: http://cheezburger.com/6568126464

Yeah, that

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Shay: thanks!
      Her Royal Majesty

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

This just posted by The Hub on Facebook
      “The My Little Pony Friendship is Magic crew is hard at work on the new season! Just between us ponies, we’re less than 30 days away from announcing the season 3 premiere date/time!”

So to understand we won’t get the announcement of the new season till around October 20th, meaning it most likely won’t begin until November.

• Brethren
      Participant

TheAtomicSoul:
      This just posted by The Hub on Facebook

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Woohoo!
      My local Toys-R-Us hasn’t gotten any Zecora figures in and the next closest one is about 2.5 hours away, so I decided to order it online. Thankfully I remembered I have a code for the site and I got it ordered– for a total of $6.00! :-D :-D :-D

On an unrelated note I’m taking orders for TSU shirts- including ToyBroniesUnite shirts!

TSU T-Shirts Pre-Order!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I figured and hoped somepony else would have pointed this out as I feel like I’m repeating myself, but Season 3 will begin in November.
      (Have I been around Zecora too much?)
      Season 3 announced for November

Here’s a pic of my entire pony collection. XD

Also, I have CRACKED TEH CODE on the blind Bag Ponies!
      Here’s the ones I wanted, and the ones I got: Big Macintosh, GitD Pinkie, GitD Twilight, and best of all GitD Rarity!
      So what is this “code” I speak of?
      When you look at the bottom of the bags and a better spot to look- in the “crease” on the back of the bag, there is a five digit code. For the last two series of blind bags you ignore the first, third, and fifth numbers to get the number of the pony you want!
      Examples: Ignore the #’s represented as X in the 1st, 3rd, and 5th place!
      Examples: #02 = x0x2x
      Examples: #18 = x1x8x

More Info

• Brethren
      Participant

Yup, Atomic’s right. November is when we will finally have more ponies.It’s still a month or more away, but at least we now have some idea of the release date :)

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

We don’t just have a release date for season three to look forward to. If you check out this, you will all be excited;

That right there is a snippet from the Topdraw Animation website, talking about an unnamed MLP movie. I think that this is wonderful if true! We can’t be 100% sure yet, but it’s there on the website. Full article from Equestria Daily here.

So what do you guys think about this? You think a movie could be done well? We’ve seen the 2-parters which I think always come out well, but animated movies based on TV shows have a tendency to not go over well. Also, what do you think it’s going to be about? Return of Discord, Luna becomes Nightmare Moon, the Changeling, a new villain? Speculate!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
      Entertainment Weekly reports that the new season of FiM airs on November 10, 2012 at 10:00am!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/season-3-potential-air-date-yay.html

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Don’t know if this is going on yet or not, but Toys-R-Us is having a sale on Ponies: $30 for the MLP Favorites collection (still only one I want from that set), $35 MLP wedding Castle, and $17 Celestia and Princess Cadance.
      These are the only ones on the page; it says 25% off, but I don’t know if any others will be on sale.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

It looks like my little state of Tennessee (USA) has officially announced its first Brony Con! http://www.sweetapplecon.com

Has anyone here been to a brony con?

I’m trying to work with an artists (who has made a poster for bronycon) make a MLP series of Reinforced badges and I’m considering setting up at the con. :)

• Keydrian
      Participant

damn, i would be there if i could soul but it’s a little long distance for me.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

SEASON 3 Premier: your Thoughts?

I met up with a group of about 20 people for the premier in my area! :D

Keydrian: I was more curious who’s been to a Brony con then if people could make this one. ;)

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Thought I’d share this with everypony: I got a commission of my OC done and put it on a badge. :)

• Brethren
      Participant

Ooh, cool badges, Atomic.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

::deleted contents for better post followup::

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I don’t know how to link to a page on Tumbler, so I reposted the post http://theatomicsoul.tumblr.com/

So Who is Shard?

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Sorry I haven’t been so active this season! :(

Whats everypony think about the “Sleepless in Ponyville” Episode?

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

MLP FIM hospital test build. The building is physically impossible to hold the space from the show, so I will add a section to the back.

Tell me what you think! :D

MLP TAS Hospital

• Zapper
      Participant

@TheAtomicSoul said:
      Sorry I haven’t been so active this season! :(

Whats everypony think about the “Sleepless in Ponyville” Episode?

A good episode… But Rainbow Dash said “everybody” in the beginning, such a small detail, but it bugged me too much. :D

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Wonderbolt Academy – Ep. 7, Season 3

So, did anyone else manage to watch the “early release” of the episode? :P

*cough cough*

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Welcome new Bronies!

*Salutes*

Please introduce yourself!

• Keydrian
      Participant

well i should really drop by more often XD

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

Alright guys, we had a new episode on Saturday! And it was an Applejack episode, long rumored but rarely seen. But we got it! And I enjoyed it. The song was nice, a really nice moral at the end. Quite a bit of it was a bit boring, but still enjoyable overall. And there was a nice bit of symbolism in there regarding Applejack’s parents.

So what’d you guys think of “Apple Family Reunion”? You guys enjoy it? Want to see more Applejack? Give me some details! Let’s engage in some intellectual pony conversation!

• Keydrian
      Participant

I definitely enjoyed the episode, having gone through a similar experience to the apple family in it myself, although i must admit the ‘fruit bats’ were a little much for the puns XD.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Gatta say, her song is about the same with a guy singing it: “Raise this Barn” Cover by Braeburn

A little too repetitive IMHO, but not bad. :P

The show was good though- it was interesting to see non earth ponies there. :)

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

FREE TIME LORD

I was going to do a contest for these, but I’m just gonna post here; if you like Doctor Hoof and would like a FREE Vinyl Decal of him, reply here!

I will note there is one TINY error; the curve inside his ear didn’t get cut out. It’s nothing major, but I didn’t want to try cutting them out by hand. :P

ALSO- since I’ll be shipping to you free anyways consider looking at my page here http://theatomicsoul.storenvy.com/ and see if there’s any others you want; I’ll add them in for $3.00 each! (just let me know your e-mail by msg and I’ll send a paypal request)

I’ve got… four to six Doctor Hoofs to give away (Not 100% sure, got to find them.) Will of course first go to anyone who places an order due to shipping costs but if no orders made– first come first serve!

Hmmm.. I think it’s long past time I make a Derpy decal. :P

• MaxCoyote
      Participant

@B34R said:

TheAtomicSoul:

ahh ok and ya i understand the whole furry/bronie debate thing lol but i understand

Many furries are bronies, but not all bronies are furries.  It’s not fair to peg bronies as furries just because their fandoms intersect frequently.  Better just to keep them separate.

And yes, I am both myself. :)  A Frony? Burry?  LUL that doesn’t work well. haha! :)

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Max: yea, several of us are both as well. I think the whole argument is silly in itself and believe “to each their own.” :)

I must say it was ironic yesterday hearing – from the other side of the theater (its a small theater)-  a female Brony react to something about furries.

It was even more ironic that she didn’t know the three people she was talking to were furries. XD

===============

Speaking of the auditorium: Yesterday there was a big Brony meet in my local town!

I posted a link to get people here, and met another “ex” TSU member! (She didn’t know Steel had left, so it’s been a while.) Hopefully she’ll come back. :3

I’m going to have to get a printer and ink: I don’t have either to be able to spread propaganda!

And my mold making abilities are being hindered by issues i’m having with resin, so I can’t make things atm. D:

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Werkun. On de-cals. :P

rainboom

Octavia

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

THAT VOICE

WHO COULD IT BE? O.o`

Sorry I’ve been so inactive folks; I’ve fallen into a bit of depression between my job and not being able to make anything.

I’m waiting on some hardware to come in; If I can get a current project going you’ll start to see more from me!

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

Hello! Brony here :)

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Alicorn Twilight: Your thoughts?

Also- Season 4! And there will be 26 episodes! :D

Any word on when it will start? Thats a 6.5 months of once a week shows- and since most series stop around the Holidays/ School starting, wont it begin soon?

@glare

Hello Amber – Welcome to the herd! How did you find us? ;)

(Sorry for the delay folks, been busy!)

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

I think alicorn twilight deserves a chance. They could really take the show in a bunch of different directions from this point, and some of them could be really interesting. we just need to trust the writers.

I haven’t heard any news on the new season, but it will probably be at least fall before it starts again.

@TheAtomicSoul I was actually really stubborn about joining the herd, because I thought MLP was for little kids. Eventually I caved and watched the first episode after KnowYourMeme did an episode on it. Since then, I’ve converted a couple friends. I was excited to find bronies here. I love talking to others about the show :D

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant
      I happened to go to the Harriman, (TN, USA) Wallmart – a local but rather small town- and came across a full box of blind bags. At first I left the toy dept; I wasn’t going to bother since there was an empty box behind it, but I decided to go back and take my chances, and I am glad I did! I checked the codes and found only one of all three Wonderbolts!

Oh- and does anyone else find it odd Soarin had a sex change?

(What? they used a mare for his form!)

I thought something was off every time I thought of the name; the card that came with Soarin has Spitfires name on his card.  And her card has his name on it.

Wonderbolts

• Gotta say… never thought Toy Soldiers and Bronies would come together. Then again, three years ago if you’d asked me if I’d be watching a show based on a girl’s toyline, I’d have given you a blank stare.

Good to see there are Bronies in the Army and Toy Soldiers in the Herd! ANthos the Scarlett Sorcerer, reporting for duty! *salutes!*

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

Haha I have one of those AtomicSoul. The names must be backwards on all the cards XD

And welcome Sellsword! Nice to see more bronies in the army *salutes*

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

Wow, this is starting to get inactive! How is everyone coping without a saturday morning pick-me-up of adorable ponies? Any speculations about season four?

• Hi, my name is G. Miller Hocter and I am a brony.

My favorite pony is Fluttershy because she is sweet and innocent but can get very angry when called for. I hate it when I am insulted on the internet by people who probably havn’t even seen the show but still say that it’s fan-base is gay. Since we are the Toy Soldiers we know better then that. Thanks and TOY BRONIES UNITE!!!! :)

Also

MAKE FLUTTERSHY CRY AND YOU WILL BE HURT!!!! Say what you wnat about the show and I’ll be ok BUT DON’T MAKE HER CRY!!!!!Yell

• Any word on date for Season 4?

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

I haven’t heard anything. I’d assume sometime in the fall, though.

And welcome to the ranks of the toy bronies!

• Lady of Blades
      Participant

So I wondered if you guys might fancy this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORCS_EvHU9U

I made it with a few friends – one of my mates wrote it, based on the behaviour of another of my mates, and I directed it. It was just a bit of fun. I saw this thread and thought you guys might appreciate it.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

I swear I have to resubscribe to my threads every couple months! O.o’

Looks like this group will be featured on https://www.facebook.com/RobotAttack712
      Now I feel even more horrible for being lazy. :P

Mums the word on Season 4; everyone is currently focusing on their fear of Equestia Girls being overly femanine.

Lady of Blades: Nice!
      Tiny room is tiny, but is 20% cooler then the others!
      Now mix this with “The People under the Stairs” and we’ve got… something beautifully scary. XD

Sorry for my personal inactivity; there hasn’t been any Brony meetings in my area for a while and I’ve had a lot going on lately (personal work and job stress related.)

I’ve got a couple things in the works:

I’ve made some Bits that can be printed, either as a coin or as a necklace:
      http://www.shapeways.com/model/1020051/brony-bit-coin.html?li=productBox-search
      http://www.shapeways.com/model/1020052/brony-bit-necklace.html?li=productBox-search

I’ve got a mold made of it and am planning on casting them myself but I don’t have a way to make things in metal ATM. (It’ll bring their cost down when I can!)

I’ve got another idea I can’t yet mention thats also Brony related but it’s been put on the backburner since my 3d printer screwed up. :(

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant
    • Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Ooooooh, do I see a new print on the horizon?

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

@Sgt. Dutch said:
      Ooooooh, do I see a new print on the horizon?

A few different ones if I have my way. :D

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

So, anyone going to see Equestria Girls this weekend?

My younger sister wants to see it, so I’ll be going.

• Scouter715
      Participant

hello friends im Jon I am doing a radio show called “Robot Attack” and I did your group last week

Facebook here

https://www.facebook.com/RobotAttack712

show

http://thisistheworldwelivein.podomatic.com/entry/2013-06-12T17_59_33-07_00

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant
      So guys… I’m kinda concerned if my horn is big enough.
      I mean, I normally wouldn’t be worried, but it kinda shows and will be VERY visible.
      A focal point, if you will.
      So if you don’t mind, tell me if you think it should be bigger, or if it’s big enough. XD

(Click image for moar photos!)
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9090101848/in/set-72157634224600328
    • Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

It looks pretty good to me. If you’re really worried you could make it a tiny bit bigger, but I wouldn’t make it too much larger.

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

@Scouter715 said:
      hello friends im Jon I am doing a radio show called “Robot Attack” and I did your group last week

Facebook here

https://www.facebook.com/RobotAttack712

show

http://thisistheworldwelivein.podomatic.com/entry/2013-06-12T17_59_33-07_00

Hehe it’s a pretty interesting listening to your opinions, with you being a non-brony. My only critique is that you probably make sure your research is current. Your information is a little outdated (season 3 has come and gone with season 4 on the horizon).

• Greetings everyone!

I’m Sorler, and I’m new here.
      In Hungary we made a fake documentary about bronies. I just thought I share here, because I’m acting on it in my uniform.
      Enjoy! laugh

http://cheezburger.com/52491777

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Season 4 Animatics From SDCC 2013 Panel!

It seems they WILL address Scootaloo’s flightlessness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hnlquKcFM58

@Sorler said:
      Greetings everyone!

I’m Sorler, and I’m new here.
      …we made a fake documentary about bronies.

I don’t know weather to laugh or cry; either way, it’s well done and entertaining! :D

• @TheAtomicSoul said:
      Season 4 Animatics From SDCC 2013 Panel!

It seems they WILL address Scootaloo’s flightlessness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hnlquKcFM58

That song is amazing. :3

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

Those are fantastic! I CAN NOT WAIT :D

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Dear Princess Luna…

Another little audio bit. :)

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

So- anyone else doing pony related art? If so- do show! :D

I’ve been working on this, trying to get it to have a smooth surface. Since I use PLA instead of ABS I don’t have a set chemical I can rub on it to smooth it out, so trying a few different methods.   I thought this looks cool and wanted to share. :D

• Keydrian
      Participant

Just a question for you folks (wow it’s been a while since i was here…) but any of you going to BronyCan? I am.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

@Keydrian I hope you got got some pics to share! :D

• Nowadays I’m trying to draw vector pictures.
      Here’s my first finished work:
      http://sorler.deviantart.com/art/Octavia-and-her-family-392709270
      If copying is art, I made it :D

• Keydrian
      Participant

@TheAtomicSoul

I’ll be sure to get some. I’ll have to see about getting some epaulets made out of the TSU patches i got, my steampunk/post-apoc cosplay makes a great TSU uniform too.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

http://fav.me/d6llxnf

An update to the horn! See the above link for info on what happened to it. D:

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Another fun pony related creation!

http://igg.me/at/MadLab/

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

Hey y’all. Long time Toy Soldier, first time checking out this thread. I’ve been thinking about something for a while now, and I was wondering your opinions on the idea:

Since there is a sort of crossover in themes for bronies and toy soldiers (A sense of community, focus on fun, happiness, and especially creativity, as well as a large amount of steampunk enthusiasts), I would think it’s safe bet that alot of bronies would find the Toy Soldiers idea kinda cool.

So do you think it would be worth trying to propagandise on Equestria Daily or something? Maybe promoting the army using the Toy Bronies division on a Nightly Roundup or something?

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

@Mike Mcnanner said:
      So do you think it would be worth trying to propagandise on Equestria Daily or something? Maybe promoting the army using the Toy Bronies division on a Nightly Roundup or something?

Certainly couldn’t hurt, though I think we’d have to get some good images or propaganda to get their attention. :)

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

You heard the fella! Pony artists, to your drawing boards!!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

SEASON 4 SPOILER: Do not read link unless you’re OK knowing the first episodes plot!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/10/season-4-opening-synopsis-revealed.html

Also (as I’m too lazy at 2AM to look at the previous page to see if ti was posted) Season 4 is expected to begin on Saturday, November 23! Be ready! :D

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

So- we’re a few episodes into the new season!

What does everyone think so far?

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

Well, this season is shaping up to be something quite interesting. I must say that I very much enjoyed Princess Twilight Sparkle. It did a great job showing some history, lore, and world-building, and we got quite a bit of screen-time for Discord (who I’m glad to see is still his old chaotic self despite declaring himself a good guy).

The rest of the episodes have been mixed for me. Castle-Mania was alright, gave me kind of a Scooby-Doo vibe (and no Castlevania references, unfortunately). It was fun, but nothing too amazing. I quite enjoyed Daring Don’t, even if Daring Do being real was kind of out of the blue. And today’s episode Flight to the Finish, while I feel the pacing was pretty bad, did finally address a point that I think we’ve all wanted to see; Scootaloo’s flying (or lack there-of).

So far it’s looking to be an interesting season. So far not as strong as Seasons 1 or 2, but it’s already looking better than Season 3 in my eyes. Who knows, I hope to see some more quality episodes as time goes on. I’d been starting to lose my interest with the show, but it always manages to wrangle me back in. Stay brony, my friends. wink

• Hello all, it seems that my profile picture has sparked interest in some of your members. Well consider me your newest member. LET THE INSANITY RAGE FORTH INTO EQUESTRIA!!!!!!

• Keydrian
      Participant

@Fleet Adm. G. Miller Hocter said:
      Hello all, it seems that my profile picture has sparked interest in some of your members. Well consider me your newest member. LET THE INSANITY RAGE FORTH INTO EQUESTRIA!!!!!!

don’t forget the fun!

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

And another idea to add to the madness: We all know that Toy Soldiers love invading conventions, either having tables set up there or just storming the place, but has anyone ever considered invading a brony convention?

There’s bound to be tonnes of bronies who would be interested if they knew about it, and bronies do have a rather notoriously loose grip on their money, when cool merchandise is involved.

So would anyone ever be up for invading a brony convention? I know that if I had some help getting funds, merch and stuff together, I wouldn’t be against the idea of invading BUCK, for instance.

• Keydrian
      Participant

Mike Mcnanner said

And another idea to add to the madness: We all know that Toy Soldiers love invading conventions, either having tables set up there or just storming the place, but has anyone ever considered invading a brony convention?

There’s bound to be tonnes of bronies who would be interested if they knew about it, and bronies do have a rather notoriously loose grip on their money, when cool merchandise is involved.

So would anyone ever be up for invading a brony convention? I know that if I had some help getting funds, merch and stuff together, I wouldn’t be against the idea of invading BUCK, for instance.

hmm… when bronycan 2014 comes around i’d be down to team up with a few folks to invade that.

• Andrew_M
      Participant

What are people’s thoughts about setting up a spoiler thread for the most recent episodes as they come out?

And anyone got any reviewers they like to listen to after each episode?  Here’s my list for folks’ consideration.

Digibro http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHhnf3RgHabfk5f2gUX6EVQ

MLP-Silver-Quill http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdkdpZlBNPHPz_UphJpKgFw

Tommy Oliver http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCipYvDkcBw8Np3H8cmmxIzw

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Breezies; has Hasbro already implemented them in their marketing scheme toy line?

What do you think of them?

Also: RD wanting to be a griffin! I can only imagine this being done with Gilda present! (And with Gilda in mind, am I being perverted thinking why?)

I still want to see her other request- being a dragon. I want to see Fluttershy be dragon-ified! I can only imagine them going with Spike to see where the dragons migrate (as it was said to be unknown.)

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

@Mike Mcnanner said:

invading a brony convention?

I would LOVE to go to Bronycon; a few people from my area are going!
      Sadly I don’t have the funds for it and no idea if I will in time.
      If we CAN get people going, it’d be great!

(I still need to get the file for you!)

@Andrew_M said:
      What are people’s thoughts about setting up a spoiler thread for the most recent episodes as they come out?
      And anyone got any reviewers they like to listen to after each episode?  Here’s my list for folks’ consideration.

Sadly (to my knowledge) the forum isn’t set up in a way to create subforums: IE, there’s no way to make a separate spoiler thread. A good rule is to wait 24 hours before talking about the newest episode.

I don’t personally watch episode reviews; to me it’s like watching what you just watched again with someone talking over the show. :P
      I tried listening to a few, but couldn’t get into it.

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Sorry for the milti-post, but I think this is worth it!

Fighting is Magic Tribute Edition Released!

Let the Pony battles begin!

• Private A. Gryphon
      Participant

I think invading a Brony con would be an awesome! Bronies are a notoriously creative bunch, so there are sure to be plenty to brainwash into joining our little herd here within the army.

• Attention Bronies of TSU, 

I am in need of artists who are skilled at drawing ponies for a musical project that I am working on, I need you to message me of you are interested and please send me a link to a photo of your work so I can see if I like the way you draw, whoever I choose will get a mention in the list of people who have contributed their music to the making of this project.

Please message me as soon as possible

thank you, 

Dr. George Miller Hoctor

P.S. Bring cookies

– Steve-Bot

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

@Amber said:
      I think invading a Brony con would be an awesome! Bronies are a notoriously creative bunch, so there are sure to be plenty to brainwash into joining our little herd here within the army.

Well preparations for the invasion of BUCK 2014 are well underway. Got the table application almost done, just gotta compile a list of stuff that will be available at the table (Stickers, leaflets, art prints, posters, etc) and send it in.

Speaking of which, I did a nice little parody of the ols TSU recruitment posters:

• KillerCapybara
      Participant

@Mike Mcnanner said:

@Amber said:

Well preparations for the invasion of BUCK 2014 are well underway. Got the table application almost done, just gotta compile a list of stuff that will be available at the table (Stickers, leaflets, art prints, posters, etc) and send it in.

Speaking of which, I did a nice little parody of the ols TSU recruitment posters:

Mighty fine job! I really like the poster you made as well! I think it’s quite fitting and a nice representation of the site and the division. I wish you the best of luck there, be sure to report back how it went!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

Great work Mike Mcnanner! mrgreen

As you requested some High Quality images to use for your upcoming Pony con (you lucky stallion!) I finally had the chance to get around to them!

I updated the Vector files so if you have them made in Vinyl it’ll be easy to weed (that’ll make the company/person working on them happy!) I also uploaded full color Raster images for use!

These are free for anyone to use as propaganda!

On the note of selling items with the ToyBroniesUnite logo and related products it goes the same for everyone:

1: Funds can be used to help cover the cost of setting up at an event.
      2: Excess funds are used to provide prizes for contests on the TSU site. Preferably pony related ones. ;)
      3: You provide a link to http://www.ToyBroniesUnite.com on or with it.

Vector Files of the Logo (Single color) are available here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:298564

Raster Files of the Logo Full color) are available here:
      http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:298569

• Mike Mcnanner
      Participant

@TheAtomicSoul said:
      Great work Mike Mcnanner! mrgreen
      As you requested some High Quality images to use for your upcoming Pony con (you lucky stallion!) I finally had the chance to get around to them!
      I updated the Vector files so if you have them made in Vinyl it’ll be easy to weed (that’ll make the company/person working on them happy!) I also uploaded full color Raster images for use!

These are free for anyone to use as propaganda!

On the note of selling items with the ToyBroniesUnite logo and related products it goes the same for everyone:

1: Funds can be used to help cover the cost of setting up at an event.
      2: Excess funds are used to provide prizes for contests on the TSU site. Preferably pony related ones. ;)
      3: You provide a link to http://www.ToyBroniesUnite.com on or with it.

Vector Files of the Logo (Single color) are available here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:298564
      Raster Files of the Logo Full color) are available here:
      http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:298569

Thank you very much! I’m gonna be trying to get some stickers printed to sell, so these are perfect. And yes, I will be following your terms as well concerning selling, don’t worry about that.

Speaking of which, so far what I got going at our table is standard TSU propaganda (business cards, leaflets, manifestos, bookmarks, etc), some freebies (TSU Cubeez, standees, armbands, etc), as well as selling the stickers and some TSU-related MLP artwork (including the aforementioned recruitment poster). Anybody know anything else I should have aside from these and some decoration for the table?

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

@Mike Mcnanner said:

Anybody know anything else I should have aside from these and some decoration for the table?

STANDS!

As silly as it might sound, if everything you have at your table is sitting or laying FLAT on it, NOBODY will know you’re there!

Because of how people have begun setting up you have to have thing standing up to be noticed. IE: raise items closer to eye level. Instead of pamphlets laying flat on the table, have a container with them in it standing on the table. If you have them, put a small shelf on your table to display items. This isn’t perfect for EVERYTHING to be this way, but having some items raised above the table surface does help.

• Andrew_M
      Participant

Hello Toy Soldier Bronies! I hope the weather finds you all well this day.

With the upcoming season finale tomorrow I’d like to remind everypony to be careful about spoilers and would like to ask that everypony refrain from posting anything for at least 24 hours here. At that point the episode will be out in various forms and the majority of us will have seen it. I’m not sure what time it will be showing on television and other media in your general area so I can’t say when would be a good hard time for things.  Hope everyone enjoys the end of season four!

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

If you missed it, Mike Mcnanner infiltrated Buck 2014, a Manchester, England Brony con!

http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/mission-report-buck-14-infiltration/#comment-1770

• Keydrian
      Participant

Tis a bit quiet in here, but is anyone else going to be at Everfree Northwest this year?

• Greetings Comrades!

Let me tell you a story about a really good friend of mine. 
      She’s name is Bettina and she’s researching the brony community for 3 years. She has been working a lot on her project. Now she would like to travel to America where she would be able to meet with other researchers. It would be necessary because of her future publication.
      But this travel is too expensive for her. So it would be a really big help for her if you could support her Kickstarter project or even publish it somewhere.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1378324363/what-a-phenomenon-bronies-everywhere

Thanks for reading
      *salutes*

• Gemmaster22
      Participant

I hope you find no objection to another member joining your micro community, here…

After all, As members of a society whom are seen as outcast, we are certain to be a great tool for the Doctor.

• MizzyDezzy
      Participant

I didn’t realize this was a thing! I happen to be a pony artist actually. ^^

• Anonymous

So, somehow, I never posted here?  WAT?  I mean, seriously!  I am a brony, a proud brony, and should therefore be listed as a member of this fine division!  I have in my possession the first 4 seasons on DVD and impatiently await the fifth season box set.  Anyone heard any news about the fifth season box set?

• TheAtomicSoul
      Participant

@Gemmaster22 said:
      I hope you find no objection to another member joining your micro community, here…

After all, As members of a society whom are seen as outcast, we are certain to be a great tool for the Doctor.

Don’t mind at all- and Welcome! ^.^

@MizzyDezzy said:
      I didn’t realize this was a thing! I happen to be a pony artist actually. ^^

It IS a thing! And it is happening!

Feel free to post a link to your art! :3

@Sgt. Voltor YJ said:
      So, somehow, I never posted here?  WAT?  I mean, seriously!  I am a brony, a proud brony, and should therefore be listed as a member of this fine division!  I have in my possession the first 4 seasons on DVD and impatiently await the fifth season box set.  Anyone heard any news about the fifth season box set?

No worries; I created the group and haven’t been posting in it much. XD

===============

So what’s everyones thoughts on the current season so far?

I’m mostly happy they did an episode with Spike that didn’t treat him like a child. Apparently they’re going to have a few more focusing on him! :D

Viewing 227 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.