#666 SWORD: Soldiers & Warriors of Robotic Dominati...

Home Forums Special Interest Divisions #666 SWORD: Soldiers & Warriors of Robotic Domination!

• This topic is empty.

#666 SWORD: Soldiers & Warriors of Robotic Domination!

• Commander JET
      Participant

#666 SWORD: Soldiers & Warriors of Robotic Domination!
      http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/groups/666-sword/

Hails and Horns brave warriors, I bid thee welcome to S.W.O.R.D. This division is devoted to the art of HEAVY METAL in all it

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Oh man, I should probably post in here… Hails and horns my brothers and Sisters! What are we headbanging to this week? I myself am getting back to my Crossover happytimes by listening to Municipal Waste a lot.

HE’S GOING TO A CONCERT, HE’S FULL OF THRASHING RAGE, HE’S GONNA RIP HIS FACE OFF AND THROW IT ON THE STAGE!

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Also, British warriors: Festivals! I reckon we should do one this year. Download’s Line Up is pretty amazing, and Bloodstock looks good for being a smaller festival. Any thoughts?

• Admiral AN-G
      Participant

I must say that OBITUARY was awesome just……….AWESOME m/ I cant wait to the end of the month to see the bass players side project 6 feet under!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

any good gigs happening in london soon. been awhile since i listened to something loud and live

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

One thing I’d ike to go see is Die Apokalyptischen Reiter at the Underworld on April 23rd, seen em at Wacken once and they were a lot of fun (if a little difficult to understand)

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Also… has anyone seen the hellfest line up this year? its ridiculously sexy for such a small festival. I went back in ’07 and had an amazing time. Will try and drag Iron along, anyone else interested? Check out the linup and the details at

http://www.hellfest.fr/

Also the area of france is really nice and for 150 euros for a weekend ticket its not too bad

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

…Also Metalcamp in Slovenia has an amazing lineup, its substantially cheaper at 122 Euro, and it’s an entire week of a festival… also its got beaches and mountains and allsorts of awesome nature… Peoples thoughts please?

• Odin
      Participant

Wish I was in that area. Be awesome to see some good shows on that note. Gwar is playing here in Santa Cruz on nov 5th..

• Lt. Sophie
      Keymaster
    • YJ Grimm
      Participant

Awesome! I really want to go back to Wacken at some point and drag the Ironbutt along to his first ever festival (d’awwww) – want to try and make it a #666 meetup if we can?

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Anything happening in your music lives at the moment? On Friday, me and Iron will be going to see our favourite Steampunk band (who have terrific metal influences evident in the music), The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing, supported by Kremated. Its gonna be freaking epic.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

might be going to a festival type thing with cbm, but its not till april 2013. so nothing planned for now haha

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

hmm toy soldier festival invasion…?

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Speaking of which, me and Iron are DEFINITELY going to Download next year, with Iron Maiden and Rammstein headlining.

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

So… metal, huh?

• Osiris Bane
      Participant

So no one’s had much to say recently, eh? Maybe I can get something going. :P

Metal’s pretty great. I haven’t been to a show in ages, though. Last show I went to was in October 2010 to see Mushroomhead.

What’s the last album you bought/received/obtained? I suck at writing reviews, but I’ll try to give it a shot. Before today I had picked up Ghost’s “Opus Eponymous”, Sabaton’s re-issued “Primo Victoria” and Xasthur’s “All Reflections Drained” (which was the only release I needed to complete my collection, other than demos and splits, though now I also feel I need to get the last Xasthur compilation that was released earlier this year). I’d have to say that “Opus Eponymous” is easily my favorite of the lot; it smacks heavily of Mercyful Fate, Black Sabbath, and Blue Oyster Cult. Highlights from Opus Eponymous: “Ritual”, “Elizabeth”, “Satan Prayer”.

But that was… actually last summer. Today I bought Cattle Decapitation’s “Monolith of Inhumanity”, and all I can say is: Holy. Shit. I own their first two albums, and the second one was decent, but the first one was mediocre at best; their drummer seemed capable of playing only two beats (and 90% of the time it was generally just a standard gore/grind blastbeat) the guitar playing was nothing stellar and the bass was inaudible. I skipped the next two albums but saw Monolith of Inhumanity at Best Buy while shopping for a belated Xmas present and picked it up on a whim, and I’m glad I did. I’m not sure who to compare it to; my collection of death metal is pretty small, largely thanks to my lack of money and my extreme reluctance to indulge in piracy. Their drummer is now an absolute monster and doing things that make my head spin. For a band steeped in cacophonous deathgrind, there’s some surprisingly good melodic riffs mixed in here, but they don’t sound at all out of place. Obviously, it’s not for the squeamish, but that should come as no surprise from a band who writes songs with titles such as “A Living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat”. Highlights from this album: “Your Disposal”, “Kingdom of Tyrants”.

Anyone have anything they want to share?

• Commander Radar
      Participant

Hey, looking forward to Download like any good Satan spawn should?

So am I and I was thinking, for those of us rich and foolish enough to spend our money on tickets why not dress up in our uniforms and spread a little prop too. I shall be attending myself and would love to meet up with some of my fellow British (or otherwise) soldiers at the massive metal fest. If anyone else is interested just let me know and with enough interest we may even be able to stage an invasion and recruit some more long haired brethren.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

YOU METAL PEOPLE!

So whom among you will be attending Download this year? It seems to be the Festival with the largest proliferation of TS so it would be great to know who is actually coming.

And for those of you who are’nt, any festivals you are going to attend this year, or bands you want to see

• Commander Radar
      Participant

@Brigadier Davis said:
      YOU METAL PEOPLE!

So whom among you will be attending Download this year? It seems to be the Festival with the largest proliferation of TS so it would be great to know who is actually coming.

And for those of you who are’nt, any festivals you are going to attend this year, or bands you want to see

Me, me, me, me, me. I am! >.<

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Who are you particularly looking forward to seeing at Donnington mister Radar? And I should certainly imagine me and Iron can pack out uniform shirts into the festival bag, we should hang out one day.

• Commander Radar
      Participant

Sonic Boom Six, the Hives and of course RAMMSTEIN!!! There are others as well but I’m most excited about those three. I’ll have my uniform jacket with me as well.

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

For me its gotta be the 3 main headliners… Okay, there are a buttonne of brilliant bands. And its about a month away! BRILLIANT!

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Only a week to go!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

DOWNLOOOOOOOOOOOOOAD

• YJ Grimm
      Participant

Yeah, so Download was pretty good. We dropped some prop, recruited our tent-neighbours, and generally had a whale of a time! Back to reality and feeling relatively human again :(

• Commander Radar
      Participant

My toes are still crippled. Success!

• Minion
      Participant

I’d just like to say…Amon Amarth have released a new album and it’s awesome! :D

• Xero
      Participant

Just wanted to post and say greetings and I …

am a METAL head! m/

I listen to all types of metal.  If it’s metal, I listen to it!  LOL  I do however tend to listen to more thrash, symphonic, epic, and death styled metal more than others.

I wish we here in the states had the metal scene that it seems like Europe has.  Or at least in my area.  Here below the Mason-Dixon line the metal scene is kinda low.  Lower than I would like anyway.  Just not as many good shows and festivals come around these parts.  We do have Maiden and ]V[egadeth later in the year.  But I can not afford the tickets.  Last good show was the Mayhem Fest that featured many great bands such as ]V[egadeth, Machine Head, Trivium, Kingdom of Sorrow, and Behemoth.  I would sooooo love to see Rhapsody of Fire, Yggdrasil, Naer Mataron, and other bands that a lot of people around hear have not heard of.

m/

• Minion
      Participant

Don’t worry, there isn’t much of a metal scene close to me either. Mandella hall and The Limelight host good bands occasionally like Amon Amarth, Lordi, While She Sleeps and Bring Me The Horizon but don’t forget, if you can’t make it to a show at least there’ll be videos to get somewhat of the experience!

• Hailz and horns up m/

Anyone who attended Graspop Metal Meeting this year? It was EPIC as usual. 

My favorites of this years edition: Iron Maiden, Ghost, In Flames, Testament, Dark Funeral, Entombed! 

• As a matter of fact, yes I did attend :D

• Any fans of Dog Fashion Disco or Polkadot Cadaver around here?

Likewise has anybody seen Tragedy: The World’s Greatest Heavy Metal Tribute To The BeeGees. I saw them in Newcastle last time they were around here and I kid you not, the atmosphere and energy they had was astounding.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

This O.o…..This is being searched by youtube right now Danvo.

• So….. looks like this forum is kinda dead.  And not in a good, Carcass-y kind of way.  As a purveyor of metal, I was wondering if anyone had interest in resurrecting this?

• If you don’t mind me extolling the virtues of Dog Fashion Disco and bemoaning American Head Charge cancelling their UK tour, then I certainly am willing to champion the cause of metal.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

I should probably be more active in here O.O.

Anyone doing any festivals this year?

• No festivals on my side of things but I am keeping an eye out to see who is touring this Autumn and if all else fails Electric Six will be touring the UK in December (because they always do!).

• MizzyDezzy
      Participant

Anyone know of anyone touring near Colorado by any chance?

• I know Ill Nino are doing their Revolution Revolucion 15th Anniversary around the states right now. Might be worth checking that out?

Viewing 39 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.