#645 G.A.S.

Home Forums Special Interest Divisions #645 G.A.S.

• This topic is empty.

#645 G.A.S.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

#645 G.A.S. The Gasmask Appreciation Society

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

im interested to see if any soldiers, like me, own a gas mask? i love them! they look cool, feel great and protect you from breathing in unwanted air…always handy on invasions i can assure you!

i try to always have one with me on soldier events, even in the summer heat haha

think i have a collection of about 7, mostly modern variants, but have a soviet ww2 piece as well.

anyone else have any? pics?

funited together!
      Pvt Morglum.

• Admiral AN-G
      Participant

I am going to get a half mask and paint it in my own style, I also plan on painting several interchangeable can ends. The newer ones are only somewhere around 35 dollars at a industrial supply store here.

• Commander Radar
      Participant

I have one of German design that I am quite fond of. I’ve used it a few times for various things and must say it is definitely the cherry on top of any costume.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

well said commander radar, a gas mask is indeed the cherry on top!

• jedimom
      Participant

We have a GP5 in gray (looking for a black one) and a standard black

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

im always on the look out for more black gas masks.

• Cybernetic Chris
      Participant

got an old black Russian one with green filter on the end, pretty sure you’ve seen it at one invasion or another Morglum. Had it with me at last London Invasion.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

ah yes, i believe i have had the pleasure of seeing that one! wear it around the house at all?

• Jack
      Participant

I have an old Soviet Gassmask, forget the model number. But I am going to steampunk-mod it by covering it with lether and brass rivets. I’m also going to make the eyes glow with a combination of LEDs, mirrored lenses and coloured lenses.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

wow! that does sounds impressive jack. i once fitted a plasma disc to the front on one of my gas masks, but i think a combination of heat and my wet breath made it slightly faulty. once you have finished the moding you should post a pic, a would like to see it soldier

• Jack
      Participant

Where does one get these plasma disks? I need a couple for another upcomming Steampunk Project, and havn’t been able to find them anywhere.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

this is the one i bought, very cheap i thought ( oh a rhyme )

http://www.glow.co.uk/pocket-plasma.html

it is designed for a belt buckle, but i took it apart and it still works perfectly. dont know if you are in the states or uk or somewhere else but if you google search plasma disc belt buckle you should find what you need.

hope this helps.

• Jack
      Participant

Very much so. It’ll be perfect for on the butt of the rifle. (I’m doing a tesla rifle type thing)So I’ll order two or three. Hopefully it’ll work once I’ve butchered it. Know anywhere I can get LEDs and other such small electrical supplies and/or custom lenses for the mask?
      Also the Model is a M.51-C.B.B

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

i have been looking for LEDS for as long as i can remember. there are only two ways of getting them that i have figured out.

1. buy something with them in ( like birthday cards and badges ) and take them apart or

2. buy the bits and wires and circuit boards and solder them together yourself.

and as i have no soldering skills i go for option one. if you are good with building electronics then option 2 is for you. loads of websites sell all the bits you will ever need. then you just have to wire them all up. i am tempted to take a class to learn how to solder, but dont have the cash at the mo.

dont know about custom lenses, do you want them tinted ( you could do this yourself ) or prescription? then go to a optician. i do fancy getting a gas mask or two with my prescription in them…then i could see where im walking…

• Jack
      Participant

Dad’s a metalwork teacher, so solder is my first option. What’s the best site you’ve found for such parts?
      Not tinted, but reflective ones for the inside lenses. To keep the light out of my eyes and hopefully increase the ammount of light comming from the eyes.
      What colour lights do you think I should use? I was thinking red or green.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

there are many websites that sell all the bits and pieces. i cant recommend any as i have never bought them, but a quick google search for “led parts” and you will be set.

although this website seems to supply alot of stuff http://uk.farnell.com

you can do the reflective lenses yourself, in DIY shops and on the internet you can buy tinted and reflective film, you can them cover the lenses with this, on alot of gas masks the lenses can be removed by just unscrewing them from the inside, but this depends on the model you have.

this website http://www.snaptint.com/samples does samples of loads of colours, might be worth buying one sample just to see if its enough quantity to cover the surface area, cheap too…

as for colour…red and green are both excellent choices, if your gas mask is all black i would go with green, its abit less threatening then red but more spooky.

but if its for a steampunk outfit then i think red would fit with all the leather and brass type stuff that goes with the look.

• CBM
      Participant

I’m more of a gasmask admirer, only owning a half face spray paint thingy, but of course I can just borrow any of Morglums if I like.

• Jack
      Participant

@ Moglum

I was more inclined towards red anyway. It’s for a Steampunk Assassin outfit I’m setting up. Thanks for all the help!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

no worries jack!

have a ripper!

funited together.

• Commander JET
      Participant

I have 4!<3 :mrgreen:

• Alexandra Marciniak
      Participant

Heylook! A topic I can post in! xD

*Points to avatar*

It was a gift and I love it so~

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

great pic alex! looking smashing.

• jedimom
      Participant

The grey Russian ones with green filters are GP-5s

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

i find it hard to find a gas mask in good condition that has the filter tube that goes to a bag or can. they always seem to be damaged and have holes in. need to make one of own i think…

• I have an Israeli full-face mask, & I LOVE IT!! It is lightweight, and has a couple options to functionality, ie: the filter connector seems to accommodate more than the breather. Perhaps for drinking tube?

Anyhoo- yeah- it is a small part of a great new look… Stay tuned, Kids…

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

great stuff sergeant! looking forward to pics of this…new look…

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

there is now a gasmask special interest division ( G.A.S gasmask appreciation society #645 ) for all of the army’s gasmask wearers, owners and lovers!

mprhphr!
      fghmpmpmp!

• CBM
      Participant

Pvt Morglum:
      there is now a gasmask special interest division ( G.A.S gasmask appreciation society #645 ) for all of the army

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

What a gas. :silly: Ok, I’ll stop now.

I’ve got an old MSA half-face which goes with my anti-radiation suit (a great thing to have for Uni pranks). Haven’t taken it to invasions as of yet, but that’s ’cause it lives in the rad-suit tube, and that only comes out for special occasions.

But it goes SMASHINGLY well with my cobalt blast-goggles… too bad I can’t see a blasted thing.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

true, i cant see a thing in my gas masks either….need to get the lenses prescripted.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

two members of the G.A.S will be present at the london mcm expo later this month. What have you guys got planned that requires masked protection?

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

*** ATTENTION ALL G.A.S MEMBERS! ***

i think as we all belong to one of the greatest special, or indeed, any division out there that we deserve our own propaganda!

so id like to ask any talented or artistic or just plain bored and crazy member to get designing some new prop for the cause!

bookmarks, leaflets, business card covers or something totally new.

get creating!

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Hey G.A.S.,

I know I am not a member of this Illustrious division, But I had an idea after reading Pvt Morglum’s post above.

How about those white facecaps? You know these ones:

Pop a small sticker of the dr steel logo or the robohead on there and hand them out, as a protest against polution or sumsuch, and watch the brainwashing spread…

I thought it would, at least minimally, conform to the edicts of your chapter.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

thats a good idea Dermut. and i know where i can get loads of face masks. thanks for the tip!

funited together!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Members of the GAS division will be attending the up and coming HMS belfast invasion in london the august. spreading up and mumbles everywear we go,

What will you be doing this summer?

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

greetings members! i have recently got some toy soldier army business cards made up which also mention our fabulous special division!

if anyone fancies a few for their propaganda set then send me your name and address and how many you want and ill see about posting some out to you.

funited together!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Hello Fellow Gas Mask Wearing Soldiers!

What is the weirdest, strangest or most entertaining thing you have done in a gas mask. but to be too rude but recently i donned my fav gm and was filmed juggling in it! tricky thing to do, as i have to take my glasses off to do it, and was wearing lose leather gloves at the time.

any way

lets hear some things from you guys!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

hi di hi gas mask wearers!

gorgeous sunshine here for the last few days which makes me want to ask a question. have you sun bathed while wearing a gas mask? i have!

funited together!

• Commander JET
      Participant

Pvt Morglum:
      hi di hi gas mask wearers!

gorgeous sunshine here for the last few days which makes me want to ask a question. have you sun bathed while wearing a gas mask? i have!

funited together!

Hahaha pictures or it didn’t happen!XD

Sharing a cool video with lots of Gasmasks!!
      Look up the lyrics…I think this should be our anthem! :D

I would share them but, there is excessive cursing! :-P

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Important question for the gas mask divsion!

….have any of you figured out a way of eating and drinking while wearing a gas mask? if so…please share with everyone!

sharing is fun

funited together!

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Pvt Morglum: have any of you figured out a way of eating and drinking while wearing a gas mask? if so

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

straws! of course. genius.

and eating is the final barrier really. unless you want all liquid food. soup all day every day….

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Greetings my mask soldiers!

so how many gas masks do you have in your collection? got to breathe through them all!

pics would be tasty!

funited together

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Gas maskers unite!

so autumn has arrived! now it wont be so sweety wearing our glorious gas masks…or is it just me that has that problem.

anyone have some tips for the division as to how to stay cool inside the masks? hmmmm?

funited together.

• Commander JET
      Participant

I had a gas mask before that I wore a bit, I lined the inside with black cloth, So it wouldn’t stick to my face and luckily it also created a bit of a barrier to let more air flow in. I took pieces of paper and traced the inside form of the mask in parts (as it is hard to do in one piece),it took a few times to get it right. Then I put the pieces of paper back together and pined it on the material to cut the pattern out. I used fabric glue I had (which doesn’t smell too bad)to stick it on the inside. Also I had drilled very small holes (hardly noticeable) around the edge of the eye vents, under the rims, to let more air in. Cause dancing around at concerts can steam the eye area up a bit;)

I have 4 full gas-masks right now:)
      Here are two.
      Photobucket
      Photobucket

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

fantastic advise commander!

im going to try the eye hole drill thing later on and see what happens!

and thank you for the smashing pics of you in your masks!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Hello soldiers!

Halloween is getting closer. great for a number of reasons. 1, mcm expo and 2. this bad boy!

http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/archives/15094

lets see those entries!

funited together!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Hello gas lovers!

Gas mask lovers that is…and dont mean you love the smell of your own gas.

What is the rarest, oldest or strangest gas mask you have in your collection. pictures please!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

**** October Expo is here!….nearly ****

so everyone get your uniforms pressed and polised.
      get your propaganda printed out and ready to pop.
      and be prepared to inspire the power of fun into the masses!

lets get happy, busy and recruiting!

funited together!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Greetings comrades!

and special greetings to the new additions to this fine division?
      were you at london expo?
      or did you find out about the army of fun another way?
      maybe a particular piece of propaganda caught your eye? please let me know.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

*** invasion news ***

are you in the london area on the 1st of december? no? well then you maybe missing out on dr steelmas fun-age-ness-age!

http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/topic/london-division-1665-dr-steelmas-drinks-1st-dec-2012

if you can make then join the party!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

so what is you favourite gas mask, helmet or piece of head armour from history, fiction or computer games?

if i had the skill or money to hire someone with the skill i would want to have a helghast helmet. something about those bright red eyes….so xmasy too!

funited together!

• Commander JET
      Participant

@Pvt Morglum said:
      so what is you favourite gas mask, helmet or piece of head armour from history, fiction or computer games?

if i had the skill or money to hire someone with the skill i would want to have a helghast helmet. something about those bright red eyes….so xmasy too!

funited together!

I got a thing for “Psycho Mantis” from Metal Gear Solid..got a little toy of him!<3:cool:

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

psycho mantis huh? good choice.

also, liking the choice of gas mask you have for your profile pic too, to 11!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

**** ATTENTION SOLDIERS ****

just a quick reminder that a gas mask is an excellent gift for xmas for anyone.

so if you are stuck for idea’s then head over to your local army surplus shop.

am asking father xmas for a bio hazard suit this year!

funited together!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

greetings my masked and gagged brothers and sisters!

so, i have nearly finished a new gas mask. 

modded, soiled and all!

pictures coming soon.

but here is a question.

have any of my fine fellow masked maniacs also built of modded their own face covering? if so…I WANT PICCIES!

funited together!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

greetings my masked brethren!

i want pictures of my soldiers! to parade to the world!

funited together!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Greetings soldiers! comrades of the uk, are you ready for expo?

no? well why the throne not?! get in fragging gear!

may Mcm Expo at the excel centre is just around the corner.

time to get tickets, get accommodation if needed, either by yourself of with a big bunch of crazy soldiers at our hq hostel in london.

get your uni polished and pressed and impress the press ( as in mob not media )

its going to be a blast!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

longest wearing a gas mask…3 hours. nearly killed me. not worth it. lesson learned.
      so?
      hows the rest of you guys doing?

• Commander Radar
      Participant

Around two hours. I had suction marks all over my face….

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

ah yes, the red marks on the face.

show pride in your rubber burns for you have earned them.

also, sweet sweat building up under the chin.

glorious!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

keep breathing, thats the key…huff huff

• I have 2 actual gasmasks, one of which is authentic from a military base, and 2 facemasks, one of which can be seen in my profile pic :)

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

hello to the soldiers f the sexiest division in the army of toy soldiers!

can i have a quick count of active soldiers and where you are located…for the official spying records you understand…

• Belgium here, mate :)

• Commander Radar
      Participant

Ireland, but starting to frequent the UK a little of late.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

remember soldiers, in this heat, it maybe wise to have a bottle of coolant with you if wearing a gas mask outside…and even some extra breathing holes too.

• Commander Radar
      Participant

I have a new gas mask… “Are you my mommy?” (you know the one)

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

excellent choice!

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Now, this isn’t neccesarily a gas mask, however, I’m adapting it  to be as near as one. Bandana design (the hazard stripes) on the rear and top, replace the lense with red perspex (or maybe yellow?), and fan with grill for the mouth piece. I’ll probably include some LED’s in there somewhere.

It is essentially going to be by Toy Soldier Battle Mask.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

i always had the idea of doing something like this…but as i lack the talent, materials and funds i never got around to it.

good luck matey. shows us the finished product.

and we can always refer to it as a battle helmet with atmospheric controls on it as well.

…bgm maybe?

• Hash Brown
      Participant

http://romanticallyapocalyptic.com/archives

I’m just going to leave this here…

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

saw a car in tenby a while ago, had a gas masked mannequin head on the roof, glorious.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

greeting soldiers!

any members of the division attending london mcm expo in october later this year?

hmmm?

strength through steel

funited together

• Scouter715
      Participant

Hello, My name is Jon, I do a podcast every week where I pick a random division and talk about it and yours is next. Here is the facebook group of my podcast https://www.facebook.com/RobotAttack712 and I hope you enjoy it.

• Commander Radar
      Participant

@Scouter715 said:
      Hello, My name is Jon, I do a podcast every week where I pick a random division and talk about it and yours is next. Here is the facebook group of my podcast https://www.facebook.com/RobotAttack712 and I hope you enjoy it.

To a muffled Utopian Playland!

• Scouter715
      Participant

Hello I do a podcast every week and pick a random division every week i just did yours! here is the link to the podcast http://thisistheworldwelivein.podomatic.com/entry/2013-09-18T15_33_24-07_00

and the podcast is called robot attack https://www.facebook.com/RobotAttack712 like the facebook page for more podcasts :)

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

im back baby!

No internetsing for almost two months…forgot me password as well. but now i have returned!

expect updates alittle more regular now. ha ha!

strength through steel!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

I have no idea whether this counts and Division appropriate as its technically not a gas mask but….I dont care! TAKE THIS!

• Lt. Easterling
      Participant

I love Gas Masks! Own a fit and ready to use GP-5, which you can see on my profile picture :D

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

very nice mask sir. very nice.

• Lt. Easterling
      Participant

Thank you, Sir! We still use GP for Civil Defense in Azerbaijan. But my favourite one is Polish ones, OM 14. They look way better, and I find them more pleasing :D

Will get another one, this time unopened and unused one pretty soon, and I feel very excited!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

i would get more meself…but the lack of funds and space…

oh well. one day…one day.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

say hello if you are active soldiers.

• Jasper Jacobs
      Participant

Very new here, but hello!

• Howard Mob
      Participant

anyone know how exactly one cleans out the part between the filter and the mouth piece in a GP5?

Would be greatly appreciated, my GP5 hasn’t been allowing exhaling

Viewing 87 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.