#1890 His Pedalogical Lovecraftians

Home Forums Special Interest Divisions #1890 His Pedalogical Lovecraftians

• This topic is empty.

• Commander JET
      Participant

http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/groups/1890-his-pedalogical-lovecraftians/

A Division for Lovecraftians, a sub-division of SLASHER.

Do you shudder at non-Euclidean angles? Are you afraid that some sort of hound will come rushing out of a corner? Do you loathe the sound of strange music on the wind? Have you enrolled at Miskatonic University to further your studies of the Natural Sciences, only to find things unexplained by science and wholly unnatural?

Perhaps your ancestors were part fish? Maybe they feasted on human chattel deep underground. Do you have the Martense eyes?

Then perhaps you belong in the 1890!

This is a division for all Toy Soldiers who are fans of Lovecraft and/or the Cthulhu Mythos. We are a proud sub-division of the Spec Ops SLASHER, and open to membership across the world and across dimensions.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8

Don’t forget to send away for your copy today!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Welcome to our eldrich band of cultists our newest member, @kat.

And while we’re on the subject of eldrich cultists…

Goomi has done it again..
      Unspeakable Vault: Geek or Cultist?

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

[video]http://youtu.be/-qoG8nKLPto[/video]

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

I allready posted this in TSU comics, but seeing it is HPL related, here’s the link.

HPL

• Odin
      Participant

Happy Birthday H.P. Lovecraft! Many tentacles and otherworldly horrors to you,.

• Kieran R. Foy
      Participant

I guess I’ll have to practice the strange and eldritch art of thread necromancy to bring this thread back to life, and add that another Lovecraftian fan has joined the Toy Soliders!

Hmmmm. Lovecraft and Doctor Steel. A crossover that needs to be written. Eldritch abominations that can only be combatted with the power of FUN!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Wonderful! Glad to have another cultist joining the group!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

And now, to celebrate the season (impending doom, of course), I present to you the PDX Broadsides…

Joy to Cthulhu!

http://thepdxbroadsides.bandcamp.com/releases

• Doctor Clockwork
      Participant

Hail Cthulhu!

I offer my humble services as a toy soldier to the #1890 His Pedalogical Lovecraftians.

My first exposure to the works of H.P. Lovecraft was at ten years old, which I believe has since warped and twisted my brain to the point where I can perceive non-euclidean dimensions of horror otherwise denied to ordinary men. I later became fascinated with H.P. Lovecraft and his fiction, and over the years have become something of a scholar in this rather peculiar field of expertise.

On rare occasions this provides me with financial compensation: I have written a few articles for fan magazines and in 1990 published a scenario through Chaosium entitled “The Lurker in the Crypt” which was featured in their adventure book, Fatal Experiments.

Later this year I will have a campaign book published by Chaosium entitled Dark Alliances which features a series of linked adventures taking place in California during the 1920’s. Let the madness begin!

• Col. Canker Canison
      Participant

Welcome, Doctor!

• vicky_fgm
      Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMkB7slZwhE&feature=youtube_gdata_player I assume you have heard of the bloop, but if not, here you go!

• Donovan Digital
      Participant
    • Captain Dermut
      Participant

Where’s my Shoggoth?

http://wheresmyshoggoth.com/audio/Shoggoth.mp3

Made me laugh.

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

Found this in my newsfeeds:

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Seeing that Fhtagn means either sleeping or dreaming, yes nightly, or atleast once every 24 hour period.

:D

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

UPDATES!

There is a very well documented Swedish Lovecraft LARP, which is shiny!

The folks who did Die Farbe (and Damnatus) are making a new film turning the Lovecraftian Dream Cycle into a linear (ish) narrative, and they’ve got an Indiegogo running here.

Oh, and speaking of Die Farbe… It’s free this bank-holiday weekend!
      http://youtu.be/0RhwyPrUWx8
      (Free to view through 4 May 2014)

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

So the original Dream Cycle Indiegogo didn’t finish as expected. So they made another one, and that one is at 114% and growing!
      The Dreamlands

And I also discovered that some mad cultists on XmarksTheScot (a kilt enthusiast website) have created a Cthonic tartan!

Ia Ia!

• Col. Canker Canison
      Participant

I recently bought a copy of the Call of Catthulu roleplaying game, but have yet to play it.

• Silent Addle
      Participant

And I just realised HPL’s birthday has passed.

What say next year we mark the day with a drink and a game, anyone interested in running something lovecraftian? We could do an RPG over Roll20, or just Skype if people prefer…

We have just under a year to plan it, that should be enough time.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Whoops! We should plan something. When the stars are right.

• Silent Addle
      Participant

If no one objects, I propose that August 20th 2016, we take part in a game.

Actually, I am trying to get a Call of Cthulhu (or other Lovecraftian) game going sooner just for fun, but I think this sub-division could do with an “official event”, so as such I propose we pencil next year into our calendars and plan accordingly.

If anyone wants to take part in a game before then (and doesn’t mind working on UK time) they can private message me in the forums, or on Skype and I will see what can be done.

• Lollipop Jones
      Participant

Ia! Ia!

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• Silent Addle
      Participant

Welcome to the Weird Tales new friend Lollipop Jones!

• Lollipop Jones
      Participant

Thank you, happy to make your acquaintance!

I find it comforting indeed that wherever I travel in this digital wideness of web, I can always find an assortment cultists and scholars keeping their eyes on the stars.  

It warms my heart, really.

• Silent Addle
      Participant

Admittedly, I am possibly one of the least social of people, but I am always happy to make new friends where the depths of infinite madness is concerned!

Maybe we need some kind of discussion, what oddities do we own, how ancient is our tome, who wants to start us off?

• Lollipop Jones
      Participant

I have a lovely squishy plushie Cthulhu and a tentacled pocketwatch. And loads of books.  ^(;,;)^

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I’m an avid reader (I’ve got a handful of anthologies), and I got into the mythos through a friend of mine who has the Yellow Sign tattooed on the back of his neck.

The physical props made and featured by Propnomicon are great

I particularly like the adaptations done by the HPLS and the Eldersign/Dagon videos by this fellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWT07iRvI9M

Anyone up for a game of Arkham Horror?

• Capt. Span
      Participant

being one of the most lunatic fan of H.P.Lovecraft and Love all stuff from Zarono. If I find other Translation program as that Google crap, I could translate some of my dark Poems in to english. Hope to find one.

Harbinger

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Games? Sign me up.

• Hi, I just joined your Division. Hope people post, otherwise I’m gonna be necroing a lot of threads.

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Do not poke the cosmic horrors!!!

Sometimes it is better just to let things sleep.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

What about tickling them? Do eldrich horrors like being tickled in their sleep?

• I’d be up for a some lovcraftian games. And I like poking the horrors. Its what I do.

Also has the P.M. system been fixed?

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

Actually I was talking about F.O.S.S.L…. but okay, one ancient one is as bad as the next I guess…

• Anyone pumped for the Call of Cthulhu game that is supposed to come out this year?

• Howard Mob
      Participant

Was the “1890” number a choice, or an accident?

• Captain Dermut
      Participant

A choice. All division numbers are by choice. We don’t really have a system in place for numerical designations.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

@Howard Mob said:
      Was the “1890” number a choice, or an accident?  

1890 is Lovecraft’s Birth year so it seems a fairly fitting homage to have it as our Division number. 

• Howard Mob
      Participant

@Brigadier Davis said:

1890 is Lovecraft’s Birth year so it seems a fairly fitting homage to have it as our Division number.   

well no crap,  wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t know that

and seeing how I’ possibly the biggest Lovecraft fanboy on our planet, I don’t see how I wouldn’t know that

Viewing 40 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.