#128 Kilted Crusade

Home Forums Special Interest Divisions #128 Kilted Crusade

• This topic is empty.

#128 Kilted Crusade

• Commander JET
      Participant

#128 Kilted Crusade
      http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/groups/128-kilted-crusade/

Welcome to Division 128, the Kilted Crusade!

This is a division for kilt owners, wearers and enthusiasts, as well as those interested in Celtic heritage

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

ooooooooooooooooooooh, look what i found!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

brighton invasion. i shall be wearing the kilt so all may see my legs in the snowy tundra that is the english south coast at the moment. what have you done later to promote the division?

funited together.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

this ts day , i shall be in a kilt. who else? hmmmmmmmmm?

• I can’t guarantee for how long but I will at least attempt to dawn it. I got a halfway reasonable leather belt to go with it today too. Plus, I’ll probably be wearing it for St. Partick’s Day.

• Admiral AN-G
      Participant

ohhhhh I can not wait for my first check as that cute little red number with the garters is gonna be MINE!!!!! now to just find some rocking boots to go with it also ;)

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

hope everyone has a great windy day! plus i must have pictures of the uniforms! although i dont know where i can put them anymore…

• Admiral AN-G
      Participant

I should have one in my temp little school girl skirt for you by tomorrow. I shall be ordering that epic one in 2 to 3 weeks :D

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Operation: Kilts over Disneyland is a go! Photographic evidence forthcoming!

[Image Can Not Be Found]

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Toy soldier enjoying toy soldier day in london 2012, the only way a true soldier can, in KILT! [Image Can Not Be Found]

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

been thinking again recently about getting some division patches produced. but before i do i want to ask if anyone has any patch designs they want to put forward? or if the existing design is okay. let me know if you have any ideas or are interested in a patch.

funited together!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

In RE: Patches

I rather like the patch (Flash?) that the TSU-UK has, and think that would be a better sort of thing than a full-on shoulder/chest patch. Problem is, I can’t think of a good design.

Currently, most of my special operations/interest division markers are 39mm (give or take) badges, which I wear on my pockets. I’ve been working on a flash for the Seventh Regiment, but that design has come to naught as well.

• Admiral AN-G
      Participant

if by current design you mean the robot head with the belt wrapped around it on a shield of tartan, I like that idea as it is close in shape to the create patches I shall be working on soon…maybe you can have them the same shield shape?

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

its getting hotter here in the uk, summer around the corner? or is it because we of the kilted division are getting our legs out? hmmmmm?

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

It’s getting pretty warm here too. More kilts can only help.

Contribute to global warming. Show your legs!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

You know I seem to have a terrible shortness of Kilt suppliersin this list

http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/topic/so-i-hear-your-in-need-of-a-uniform

Im sure that you fine fellows can help me out.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

well there is of course utilikilt.com, expensive but excellent.
      and dead threads do them as well, at least they did when i bought mine.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

give me all of Your links Morglum! all of your delicious, delicious Links

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant
    • Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

For the handy (or cheap, or perhaps both), I have heard that the X-Kilt is a passable design, sewable by n00bs.

http://www.stanford.edu/~ahebert/X_Kilt_adobe.pdf

Even if I have reservations about the velcro…

• Col. Bear Sanguine
      Participant

Just looking around for some. I may end up with a bit of a list…

Budget Kilts
      A tad pricey, thus belying their name, but they sure do look good Kilts 4 Less
      This one may interest our Pvt Morglum Utility Kilts. Have a look at their casual kilts too.
      Not cheep but seems to be good quality Scotweb
      Some good, fairly priced ones here too for Heritage of Scotland

I think that’ll do for now.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

excellent stuff Colonel! im sure you have just wetted the appetites of the whole division!

• Col. Bear Sanguine
      Participant

And my own. I got told off by the other half for being obsessed. XD

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

kilts are not an obsession, they are a duty.

• Col. Bear Sanguine
      Participant

Nothing manlier than a kilt wearing, axe holding, hairy dude.

Incidentally I remember vaguely a while back that someone had made a TS Tartan….Anyone remember where to find it?

• Admiral AN-G
      Participant

you are lucky I had saved the link. This site is a tad pricey but the tartan is SEXY.
      http://www.scotweb.co.uk/tartandesign/details/23057

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Eleven bucks a yard (and a bit) isn’t bad for 13oz wool… but apparently you have to buy the entire length of Scotland to get it for that price.

Something absurd in me wants to make an X-kilt out of Glenurquhart however. It may be an unhealthy obsession with tweed.

• Col. Bear Sanguine
      Participant

Thank you Admiral. Now I just need the money for it. XD

I have found a design that appears to be simpler to make than an X-kilt. They do make the disclaimer that it’s in no way meant to be an official kilt but I think that the outcome is a fairly decent kilt for very little effort (in theory).

• TheBlacksmith
      Participant

Hey guys. Blacksmith reporting in. I noticed ye were looking for kilt links? I found an instructable that seems to end in a pretty cool looking kilt. I didnt see it posted anywhere so here it is:
      http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-Cargo-Kilt/?ALLSTEPS
      Similar to the x kilt, but it looks to me to be a bit easier.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

great work, thanks for that blacksmith!

• TheBlacksmith
      Participant

I just got the ok from my girlfriend to start work on my kilt! Did not expect her to be cool with it. Now all I need is fabric. And skill. And some idea how to work a sewing machine… Im doomed..

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

***** ATTENTION ALL KILTED CRUSADE MEMBERS ****

to all members of division 128 please can i ask for you to be kilted on the saturday of the expo. so i can get a group shot of us all.

ta very much!

funited together

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Sooo want to be at the Expo with the rest of you!!!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

That patch looks kinda cool! I’m digging the thistle!

I don’t think we’ve made a decision on patches, so I’m going to look to the fearless leader to open submissions… not that I can draw to save my life.

• Fearless Sam:
      http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii529/fearless_tsu/?action=view&current=tsu.png
      Just something I was messing around with at work.

I still have to show you how to post pics sorry.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

at the mo there isnt a division patch. im open for people to send in any ideas they have for one or if they are okay with the patch being the same as the division logo.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

KILTS KILTS KILTS KILTS.

that is all….

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

So 6 members of the kilted division were seen at the london mcm expo this may!

looking glorious with their legs and pleats.

Sniper, Raptor, Iron, Commissar Bear, CBM and myself.

What has the rest of the division been upto? hmmm?

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I rocked the kilt all weekend at Project A-Kon in Dallas, TX. The TSA still had to investigate my knees when I flew in the kilt; but other than that, the thunderstorm was weathered well.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

*** ATTENTION ALL KILTED CRUSADERS ***

i think as we all belong to one of the greatest special, or indeed, any division out there that we deserve our own propaganda!

so id like to ask any talented or artistic or just plain bored and crazy member to get designing some new prop for the cause!

bookmarks, leaflets, business card covers or something totally new.

get creating!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

New Kilt purchased yesterday, photos tomorrow probably! even better than my last one, this one has metal work and pockets!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

cant wait to see it comrade!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Gentlemen and Ladies in kilts, allow me to introduce You to the latest TSU super hero. The Kilted Crusader!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. very nice comrade!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Members of the kilted crusade will be attending the up and coming belfast invasion in london this august, spreading fun and knees through out the capital.

what will you be doing this summer?

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

greetings members! i have recently got some toy soldier army business cards made up which also mention our fabulous special division!

if anyone fancies a few for their propaganda set then send me your name and address and how many you want and ill see about posting some out to you.

funited together!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

i have a brand new kilt! black with pockets! i loves it…but what to do with the old one?

question soldiers, what can you do with an old unwanted kilt?

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Heresy! Unwanted Kilt? No Such Thing!

A neighbour of one of my division-mates has a whole closet-full. Fifty-Two kilts, the man owns. A kilt for every week of the year, he has. Start a collection!

And speaking of a collection, if anyone in or nearer the Euro area that I, has contacts to be able to get ahold of some German Desert Cammo fabric (the five-colour stuff), I would pay dearly. You see, that’s my next kilt, once I can get my hands on the material!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

you are right rev! no such thing as an unwanted kilt.

…and ill have a look into the german cammo fabic. africa corp is on sale in some surplus shops ive seen. is that the same thing?

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant
    • Pvt Morglum
      Participant

ah, i see. no i havent seen that stuff, more browny and grey ive seen. more ww2 haha. but ill ask around. if i find any ill let you know soldier.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

hey hey soldiers! how are all your knees doing in those fine garments?!

quick update.

i recently, in fact about an hour ago, found this website for useful kilts and accessories. expensive, but gave me ideas for things i could make myself from loose bits of leather and so forth.

check it out.

http://www.altkilt.com

also

http://www.urbanthreads.com

funited together!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

hello my kilted brethren!

i think what this army needs is more pictures of soldiers in kilts! so lets me having you! get posting my comrades!

funited together!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

I shall be atanding the MCM expo proudly adorned in my kilt for atleast one day. Will YOU!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

oooooooooooooooh yes!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Hey there!
      Kilty boy!
      Flapping through the streets!
      So hanging free!

autumn is bearing down on us like…a bear ( in the northern hemisphere at least ) so will you be retiring the kilt for the cooler months?

not me!

bring on the frost bite!

funited together!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Don’t you remember adorning Your kilt for the TSU Toymas meal? I sure do! Bring on December

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

unfortunately i didnt attend the xmas meal, dont you remember me NOT being there? less mead for you this xmas i think.

and seeing how we are going to have a hot autumn and winter i think the kilt is going on through out the year!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Hello my kilted comrades!

see these knees?
      these knees were made for showing!

…and walking with too mind,

looking forward to giving the new kilt a good airing at London MCM expio this october. what has the rest of the division got planned?

hmmmm?

funited together!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Well, it wasn’t exactly PLANNED, but I did wear my kilt all day while managing the main stage at the Albuquerque Mini Maker Faire (the only kilt on site, I was surprised). It was a beautiful day for kilting about, and one of the Girls Scouts in our colour guard appreciated my “manly skirt-thing”.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

smashing stuff rev!

always a bright and cheerful feeling one gets when one is the only..one…wearing a kilt!

did the division proud.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

kilted crusade! atteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeention!

the mcm expo in london is fast approching and id love to be able to get a group photo of the division in all its kilted glory.

friday or saturday please if you are attending the expo can you wear a kilt for the pic? ta very much.

funited together!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Im sure that ill be able to manage a Kilt one day, Friday most likely

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

smashing, i want to see them knees!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Ooooh good lord Sir! you are forthright!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Hello soldiers!

Halloween is getting closer. great for a number of reasons. 1, mcm expo and 2. this bad boy!

http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/archives/15094

lets see those entries!

funited together!

• Sgt. Dutch
      Participant

I know most of you have probably seen this advert, but it suddenly popped to mind again and thought it deserves a place in the thread.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJVFJ2kb62c[/video]

Now, if you don’t mind, I’ll be wooing my woman in my own kilt (works wonders).

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

great vid dutchy my boy.

gorgeous pleats always turn a ladies head.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Greetings my Knee showing brethren!

I own two kilts,

so there!

pithy.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Bahaha I also posses double kilts Morglum, so there!

On another note, somethings afoot!

of should I say LEG!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

its the toysoldier tea bar!

new and improved…with mead!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Oh Morglum Morglum Morglum….. This is even more than you could possibly imagine

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

…i dont know, i can imagine quite a bit…

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Oh, bother.

I realized that I didn’t get any pictures below the waist of my outfit yesterday; I was quite tweedy AND kilted (cross the Eleventh Doctor with a kilted Geoff). I thought I looked quite dashing with my PWS flash on my flat-cap.

Oh well, there will be more.
      And for the soon-to-be-Kilted Soldiers in the US looking to acquire a non-utility kilt (or who do not feel like making their own), check out Stillwater Kilts, whom a regularly-kilted gent I know (Fifty+ kilts in his collection) swears by. I shall be picking up one of their Saffron kilts, as I fancy having a kit like this gentleman…

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

excellent tip rev!

hope to see alot more kilted komrades from the kolonies.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

**** October Expo is here!….nearly ****

so everyone get your uniforms pressed and polised.
      get your propaganda printed out and ready to pop.
      and be prepared to inspire the power of fun into the masses!

lets get happy, busy and recruiting!

funited together!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant
    • Pvt Morglum
      Participant

thank you brigadier for that stunning shot of kilt!

so expo is over for another october…but…wait…whats that? its back in may 2013? hurrah!

great seeing members of the kilted division there! no one is more stylish when the army of toy soldiers show some calf!

although at times it can be abit cold…and was for me. maybe a long sock is in order hmmm? what is the divisions thoughts on keep warm in a kilt? advice tips?

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I’ve used wooly hose before to keep my ankles warm, but sometimes my kilt itself is warm enough to deal with the vagaries of the weather. I remember a freezing winter night where the great-kilt I was wearing made up for the fact that I was wearing sandals.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

are you in the london area on the 1st of december? no? well then you maybe missing out on dr steelmas fun-age-ness-age!

http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/topic/london-division-1665-dr-steelmas-drinks-1st-dec-2012

if you can make then join the party!

p.s, in your kilt soldiers!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

**** pictures needed! ****

over the xmas period i expect all soldiers to don their kilts and get some xmassy shots!

xmas diner in a kilt,

snowman construction in a kilt

snowball fight in a kilt

in the pub…in a kilt

you get the idea. although any snow based pictures will be tough for uk soldiers { as we never get good snow :-( }

funited together!

• Seargent Smiles
      Participant

hmm, i will probably join this division as well! i hope to get a kilt for christmas from sportkilts.com, and a good part is i can use it for a uniform since its all black!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

great news!

always good to hear the spreading of kilts and the arrival of new soldiers to the division.

keep it coming

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

greetings my kilted brothers and sisters!

remember i still want to see pics of you guys and girls in a kilt out in the snow.

my pic will follow shorty…once we get some snow of course!

funited together!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

I know that feeling Morglum, need some snow before we can do anything.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

hello my kilted brothers and sisters!

where are the pictures of you in the snow with your glorious kilts? i needs them…NOW!

members in countries enjoying the summer time at the mo must also provide photos.

no exceptions!

funited together!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

hello my soldiers!

sexiest in the army of toy soldiers!

lets see those pictures of you in your kilts out in the snow!

come on!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

I….I…..I forgot….

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

Greetings soldiers! comrades of the uk, are you ready for expo?

no? well why the throne not?! get in fragging gear!

may Mcm Expo at the excel centre is just around the corner.

time to get tickets, get accommodation if needed, either by yourself of with a big bunch of crazy soldiers at our hq hostel in london.

get your uni polished and pressed and impress the press ( as in mob not media )

its going to be a blast!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Its always a blast Morglum, Are you kilted all three days?

Just hoping that mine had been repaired in time after suffering some small injuries at a scout camp in January…

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

the kilt will be with me, but its a mystery as to when i will wear her.

all kilts are girls…

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

And for a moment I thought you were reffering to wearing CBM…

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

See what I get for missing a bunch of emails? Kilts in Snow?  Now that it’s all melted, I’m doomed!

(Well, unless it snows in May this year…)

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

well northern ireland is under about 5 feet of snow right now, so if you wanna head over there for a few shots it would be great!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

My kilt is still out of action =[

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

poor show davis…

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

This isnt my fault, it was injured in the line of duty, it has been given a purple heart and is recovering until it is able to fore fill its duties again.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

heating the thighs and protecting the lap from spills!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

ooooooooooooh

i love me kilt

and my kilt loves meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

a love like ours

could never die

as long as i

have you near meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Col. Canker Canison
      Participant

Checking in. Sorry I didn’t see the Kilts in Snow operation until now. Next winter?

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

defo

mr canison!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

So, funny kilt story.

Wore the kilt out to the shops, and while coming around the corner, a gust of spring wind caught me by surprise, and gave the ladies in the parking lot a sight.  Thankfully (or is that ‘sadly’), there was only one gal looking my way.  However, she did seem to appreciate the view, with a honk, a cat-call and a slow drive-past.

FUN! And Kilts!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Now Geoff, Do you really thing that that Story was PG13?

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

@Brigadier Davis said:
      Now Geoff, Do you really thing that that Story was PG13?

I didn’t even use my one profanity!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

more kilted bretherin. hurrah!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Speaking of Kilted Bretheren, I spent the last couple of days administering the convention’s justice (ok, maintaining the line to the dealer’s room) at Project A-Kon 24 in Dallas, Texas.  I did it, as is traditional, in Toy Soldier Uniform, and in a Kilt.  Pictures as I find them.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

excellent work geoff!

i look forward to the photographic evidence!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

My kilt became rather badly damaged at expo this year, if suitable repairs cannot be made, it looks like ill have to get ahold of a new shiney kilt!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I know you all can get up to shenanigans, but Kilt Destroying Shenanigans? I disbelieve the illusion!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Good news everyone!

After many extensive hours in hospital and undergoing surgery and stitches, my kilt is now back in one piece and with modifications!

Just in time to take it out to the download festival! woot! 

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

enjoy download!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

how many of the kilted brethren in this division are in the uk…may i ask

mhwahahakakakahahaha!

• Scouter715
      Participant

hello Im jon I developed a new radio show on toysoldiers where I pick a random group to talk about every week  its called robot attack and here is the facebook page :) https://www.facebook.com/RobotAttack712

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

i approve this message…

• Col. Bear Sanguine
      Participant

I can’t remember if I have announced this as yet as I have been away a while but I am finally a kilt carrying member of this glorious division. As of last July and by spawnday within.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

great to hear comrade!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Yeh…guess whats in for repair again…

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

again? what have you been upto in you kilt young man?

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

I….don’t even….know

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

maybe it comes to life after you leave the room…cloths story!

• Perkeo
      Participant

Greetings fellow kilted ones. I’ve been MIA from these wonderful boards for way too long. 

I was wondering if any one plans on going to Dragon Con this year. I’m taking a couple of costumes but my main plan (since it’s my first year going) is to spend it kilted and most likely tipsy. Hopefully I won’t need any kilt repair jobs when I’m done. ;o)

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

sounds great comrade. wont be making it to dragon con. i wish, but im about 5000 miles away. have a great time, have lots of fun and spread the word of the kilted toysoldiers!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

glad to see the kilt has been entered on the official ts uniform armoury section!

strength through steel! the kilt crusade!…and visible legs!

• Perkeo
      Participant

Free your legs the rest will follow!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

could i get away with a dungaree dress?…

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

greeting soldiers!

any members of the division attending london mcm expo in october later this year?

hmmm?

strength through steel

funited together

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Well Duh :p

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

good to hear.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

So other than me and Morglum, which wonderful soldiers will be bracing their knees against the still October Chill.

• Kilt Man
      Participant

Gents and lasses, took me long enough to find you guys. I have been off doing “other things”. Mostly kilted though. Anyways, I thought I would say hello now that I am going to be more active on the TSU site. See you peoples soon hopefully.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I can’t make any promises about the October Chill, mostly because the month has passed.

But I did break out the kilt for November, and tomorrow is Kilt Friday!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Alas, My bejeweled (D-rings and steel looped) Kilt has taken a turn for the worse and shall unfortunately no longer be adorning my body, whilst I start a search to find a new and worthy successor to it, I shall have to rely on my backup kilt! 

• Kilt Man
      Participant

Brigadier Davis, if you need a replacement I know of a very good seamstress that makes all my custom kilts. She does everything custom to order.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

make one out of stone iron!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

I dont know how well that would work Morglum.

Also do you mean make one out of stone, Iron.

or

Make one out of stone Iron.

and just to confuse things, I could make one out of Iron Stone.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Once again, the chill has lifted from the land, so Kilts are free to run about in the spring winds.

Get out there and bare your knees!

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

im back baby!

No internetsing for almost two months…forgot me password as well. but now i have returned!

expect updates alittle more regular now. ha ha!

strength through steel!

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

More kilts!, Bigger Quicker an sexier than before!

• Kilt Man
      Participant

Most definitely. And now for something completely different.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

with extra pockets too.

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

‘Allo fellow kilted soldiers, just found this forum group and am quite excited as that I am quite the aficionado of kilts. Am awaiting my bespoke R’Lyeh Sett Tartan kilt coming back from the kiltmakers. Am also looking for a way to incorporate it into my uniform.

Here is what the tartan looks like:

Any ideas??

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

hey there kilt wearer!

glad to have you aboard.

id say the best way to join it with a ts uni is just to wear it!

the tartan you have there is smashing.

maybe add a sporran with black and yellow colour motif?

my main kilt is just a blck one…but covered in pockets! i like pockets! and zips. always have too much crap on me.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

I’m with Morgulm; just wear your kilt, enough said! If you happen to have any extra yellow or black doodads to dangle from the belt, or spiff up your boots, go right ahead (Black flashes in your hose? Yellow-and-black glengarry? you name it!)

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

@Pvt Morglum said:
      hey there kilt wearer!

glad to have you aboard.

my main kilt is just a blck one…but covered in pockets! i like pockets! and zips. always have too much crap on me.

Ahh yes, the utility kilt…have two black ones myself and love the extra carrying space. :)

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

@Rev. Geoff Nicholson said:
      I’m with Morgulm; just wear your kilt, enough said! If you happen to have any extra yellow or black doodads to dangle from the belt, or spiff up your boots, go right ahead (Black flashes in your hose? Yellow-and-black glengarry? you name it!)

Ahh, I have some great derby socks that fold over…black with yellow stripes across the top….some red flashes with them, and it would look primo with my black Utilikilts. I love the idea of the Glengarry, am wanting a leather one as is seen here: Leather Glengarry Hat

And on a sidebar note….am squeeing with glee that my Black Stewart kilt arrived in the post today. One good pressing and it should be good to gocool

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Speaking of utilikilts…

HAPPY KILT FRIDAY!

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Speaking of utilikilts…

HAPPY KILT FRIDAY!

Likewise! :)

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Just discovered this loverly gem over on the Scotweb site (scotweb.co.uk)

Toy Soldier Tartan

Am looking into contacting Rocky over at USAKilts to see what a run of this would set one back…I would love to have a tartan in this cool

• Kilt Man
      Participant

I now want that…ARGH! I hate being broke…

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Uggh computer hiccup cry *removed double post*

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Same here…..it might end up being a Tax-mas gift to myself….that’s the only time of year that any substantial monies are NOT claimed by the bill man, the rent man, or the tax man.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Oh, Hey! Vafuth’s tartan! Man, that brings back memories.

I’ve had good words about the folks at Stillwater Kilts, and they have the boy scout tartan kilts (which are close enough for my tastes) in some very reasonable (but synthetic) prices.

http://stillwaterkilts.com/scouts.html

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Oh, Hey! Vafuth’s tartan! Man, that brings back memories.

I’ve had good words about the folks at Stillwater Kilts, and they have the boy scout tartan kilts (which are close enough for my tastes) in some very reasonable (but synthetic) prices.

http://stillwaterkilts.com/scouts.html

I have one of the very kilts you are talking about, although mine is the Black Stewart tartan:

It’s nice for a polyviscose. I love that it is machine washable (saves on dry cleaning bills) and it weighs about the same as a 13oz wool and moves like it too….a great lower cost solution indeed. Stillwater is awesome for that…and they also have the “Nightstalker” which is a sharp tone on tone tartan in black.

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

@Brigadier Davis said:
      You know I seem to have a terrible shortness of Kilt suppliersin this list

http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/topic/so-i-hear-your-in-need-of-a-uniform

Im sure that you fine fellows can help me out.

Let’s see….there are several places I know if, that all range in price from “Yay!” to “My wallet and bank account will NEVER forgive me!”….so here goes:

Bilt Kilt

AltKilt

Stumptown Kilts

Sport Kilt

Stillwater Kilts

USAKilts (love me some Rocky and Kelly)

Utilikilts (which I believe was mentioned before)

Heritage Of Scotland

Kinloch Anderson (Definitely on the more pricey side, although their craftsmanship is unmatched)

Skye Highland Outfitters

New House Highland (learned about them through http://www.xmarksthescot.com/. Ran by Matt Newsome, who is tailoring my R’Lyeh Sett tartan kilt)

Freedom Kilts (these are some of the few traditional styled kilts with front pocket hidden behind the front apron)

And well, if you feel adventurous and have a knack for sewing, I can’t recommend this book highly enough. And this woman makes some of the finest kilts I have ever seen….she definitely knows her stuff….Art of Kiltmaking by Barbara Tewksbury

Okies…I think those are plenty of links to kilts for our ranks. :)

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

great work comrade Ad-Tavi!

there is nothing like the look and feel of a good kilt…feels like victory!

• Kilt Man
      Participant

Definitely think we should at least add Utilikilts in there towards the ow my bank account hurts side. They are good kilts. I would throw my own kilted company in as another go to, but we are currently closed for business till my seamstress is healthy enough to return to work.

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

@Kilt Man said:
      Definitely think we should at least add Utilikilts in there towards the ow my bank account hurts side. They are good kilts. I would throw my own kilted company in as another go to, but we are currently closed for business till my seamstress is healthy enough to return to work.

Indeed they are a “Holy buggering shit!” on the price monitor. Hell even the three I own from their ‘scratch & dent’ rack were far more money than most would be willing to pay indeed. And I am sending good wishes of health to your seamstress.

@Pvt Morglum said:
      great work comrade Ad-Tavi!

there is nothing like the look and feel of a good kilt…feels like victory!

No worries, figured passing on a few names (and different price options) couldn’t hurt. Nothing is better than a bit of unbifurcated freedom. cool

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

And never underestimate making your own! The ‘X-Kilt’ looks promising… and if I haven’t posted it before, find the instructions (calling it a pattern is sort of disingenuous) here:
      http://cmgm.stanford.edu/~ahebert/Xkilt/Xkilt2ndedRevK.pdf

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

And never underestimate making your own! The ‘X-Kilt’ looks promising… and if I haven’t posted it before, find the instructions (calling it a pattern is sort of disingenuous) here:
      http://cmgm.stanford.edu/~ahebert/Xkilt/Xkilt2ndedRevK.pdf

Ahh yes, the X-Kilt….learned about that through a kickin’ good website called xmarksthescot.com. A bloke there came up with the pattern and takes the blow to the pocketbook out of having a good modern kilt. :)

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

say hello if you are active soldiers.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant
    • Brigadier Davis
      Participant

I need a new kilt, I only have one left an it was cheap one I bought from ebay

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

need to save up for a utilikit…although they are pretty steep.

• Brigadier Davis
      Participant

Utilikilt is the dream. But im really struggling to justify the price of them.

• Pvt Morglum
      Participant

cbm got mine from thescotlandkiltcompany.co.uk

much cheaper than the utilikilt company.

and better in my opinion. 

doesnt come with the stupid huge logo on the bum cheek.

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

‘Alloooo *echoes*

@Pvt Morglum said:

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Ok. So we’re in the final stretch for X-kilt fabrication. I went to the store to get some canvas fabric to confirm I do infact like the X-Kilt design. And I discovered that they’ve got a second-revision of the X-Kilt since the original came out in 2006, so there are more suggestions on how to add flash to your kilt!

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Am excited to announce after a year of waiting on the queue, my beloved R-Lyeh Sett tartan kilt is finally being sewn and should be in my hands within the next month. So excited as that this is my first bespoke and custom kilt. Will be sure to get some photos of it as part of my uniform to post up in here. :)

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Well, you can’t just tell us about this tartan without sharing, now can you, mate?

(images janked from XMarksTheScot)

[Image Can Not Be Found]

And they even have a Cthonic emoticon!

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

HAHAHA, that I did, which drove you mad enough to seek it out. Will post pics once I get the kilt. 

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

And I find it ironic that one of the pics you posted is of a kilt made by New House Highland, for it is Matt (business owner) who is making my kilt.

• Col. Canker Canison
      Participant

@Constable Ad-Tavi said:
      And I find it ironic that one of the pics you posted is of a kilt made by New House Highland, for it is Matt (business owner) who is making my kilt.

And is your kilt done now?

• Constable Ad-Tavi
      Participant

Yes, sadly life has kept my away from the site until now. Will have to post pics of it soon as that I am sure you all would like to see.

@Col. Canker Canison said:

@Constable Ad-Tavi said:

And is your kilt done now?

• Perkeo
      Participant

Good to see the kilted life is still going strong on the forum.

• I’m necroing this thread for my 100th post.

Yay or nay on my kilt in my uniform?

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

The leg-warmers make it look like a much-warmer kilt than mine!

• Chicago in the winter can be quite cold.

• Nessie
      Participant

owning a kilt is still on my to-do list. loving celtic heritage…yes that’s something I do.

hello!

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Welcome, Nessie!

• ScottishKilt
      Participant

@Pvt Morglum said:

hey there kilt wearer!

glad to have you aboard.

@Constable Ad-Tavi said:
      ‘Allo fellow kilted soldiers, just found this forum group and am quite excited as that I am quite the aficionado of kilts. Am awaiting my bespoke R’Lyeh Sett Tartan kilt coming back from the kiltmakers. Am also looking for a way to incorporate it into my uniform.
      Here is what the tartan looks like:
      R

Any ideas??  

You can check tartan on Scottish Kilts huge range of tartan kiltscool

• ScottishKilt
      Participant

@Constable Ad-Tavi said:

Ahh, I have some great derby socks that fold over…black with yellow stripes across the top….some red flashes with them, and it would look primo with my black Utilikilts. I love the idea of the Glengarry, am wanting a leather one as is seen here: Leather Glengarry Hat

And on a sidebar note….am squeeing with glee that my Black Stewart kilt arrived in the post today. One good pressing and it should be good to gocool

recommended best scottish hats at scottishkiltshop https://scottishkiltshop.com/scottish-glengarry-hat-cap  

• Arfa
      Participant

@Pvt Morglum said:

Along with xmarksthescot.com other websites also have a good modern kilt.

Like companies https://sportkilt.com

https://kiltguide.com

https://kiltthis.com

and many more

• zoya
      Participant

If you are talking about kilt forum then xmarksthescot is great plateform.

But if you have asking for the online kilt selling company then fashion kilt is the best.

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Oh, hey. I ought to reply here for those who aren’t on Discord!

Firstly, to help with the soldiers who have felt the sticker-shock of the UtiliKilts price… I present UTKilts! ( http://utkilts.com )
      Apparently, they were founded by ex-Utilikilts people who were shocked at how much they were charging for their goods; The build quality is a bit less, but the price is also nearly a third cheaper!

I’ve also had the opportunity to wear a kilt from “Damn Near Kilt Em”, which is an imported brand (Malaysia, IIRC) which is in the utility style. Their length is a bit more than I’m happy with, but the build quality is excellent. The price is comparable with UTKilts (~50-70 USD) and will also do you well for a daily-wearing canvas kilt. (My girlfriend found them on Amazon)

And finally, in news that is also of interest to Space people, there is a Martian Exploration Tartan registered in Scotland. Held by a astrobiologist at the University of Edinburgh, they registered it so you can wear this kilt while talking about Mars exploration or while actually exploring Mars!
      https://tartanregister.gov.uk/tartanDetails?ref=11658

• Nessie
      Participant

posted this in a few places already but i thought to share it here too.

text in scottish gaelic, i hope you enjoy!

• ScottishKilt
      Participant

Just Discover a Irish kilts for men. they are offering different tartansanderson tartanirish tartan

• Geoff Nicholson
      Participant

Of interest to our kilted soldiers, utilikilts (re)posted the following image on their Facebook the other day… and I thought I’d pass it along:

[Image Can Not Be Found]
      Now that’s cold.
      Posted by Utilikilts on Wednesday, 24 January 2018

Viewing 186 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.