#118 TSU-UK

Home Forums Divisions #118 TSU-UK

This topic contains 179 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Spymaster General Danov Valravn 1 year ago.

#118 TSU-UK

• Commander JET
    Participant

#118 TSU-UK
    http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/groups/118-tsu-uk/

Division Leaders: Sgt. Dutch & Evelfa

We don’t stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing.

A force to be reckoned with, the British don’t stop for anything – except TEA of course!

• Montee
    Participant

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

ON YOUR MARKS… GET SET… GO, GO, GO and then GO SOME MORE!!! (Only FASTER)

• Montee
    Participant

LOW RES AVATARS? DISCUSS…

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

…i dont have one.

• Raptor
    Participant

Ok guys! Does anyone have any idea on what’s happening on TS Day? Because I need to book this week so I’ll have money to spend up there. So, get thinking folks.

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

to all those who are attending the brighton beach invasion please see the updated thread on the upcoming invasion forum.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

People. Were are you!

• Pennant
    Participant

Jus’ sayin’ if anyone happens to be near Exeter on Sunday (19th) a group of us are going to a comic convention there

Also this thread is barely active :(

• Montee
    Participant

Barely active… but poised on the edge of the biggest BMX jump ramp in the Galaxy ready to perform a Triple Whip 720 double Tail whip.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY8bZ7US8Pk[/video]

• Pennant
    Participant

Just thought I’d mention that I’m posting from an iPad in apple store, teeheehee
    You guys are missing out on delicious noodles

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Big thanks to Private Morglum for a funtastic Brighton invasion ^_^

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

We all getting excited and ready for TS Day then?

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

YES! I’m really looking forward to it ^^

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

indeed. see you guys sunday for fun and gameses

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Look forward to seeing everyone soon ^_^

In the meantime, I’m going to start sorting out booking the hostel for MCM, please message me if you want to stay in the hostel (if you’re not on the roster on the thread)

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

got any plans for invasions and events to help spread the army during the jubilee and olympics?

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

We still need to work out what we’re doing for the London invasion, but it may well be that it’ll fall around the time of the olympics.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

I can tell you that the Olympics are between the 27th of July and 12th of August and the Paralympics between the 29th of August and 9th of September.

I WILL be involved with Security during these months, and probably June as well, so I’m pretty much out of any plans, but I can provide plenty of info.

You can expect that from 16th of July, London will be on the receiving end of a tidal force of tourists. Security is going to be TIGHT. I could give you numbers, but it’s safe to say we’re talking 10’s of thousands of police, thousands of soldiers, and everything in between. I haven’t spoken with our buddies at the Special Events Unit in Charring Cross, but I’d expect they wouldn’t be over joyed if we went with our usual shenanigans of Parliament and Traf Square. Going to the South Bank is paramount to suicide methinks due to the numbers (and we are talking BIG numbers of tourists).

Someone might want to have a chat with St. Christophers Village, as to whether they’ve got space if at all (which I’m doubting). Otherwise it’ll be sofa’s and floors for everyone.

• Evelfa
    Participant

Dude, the London Invasion is ALWAYS on the weekend closest to the 10th of July.
    So we’re probably looking at the 7th & 8th of July.

• Montee
    Participant

Yikes, I’m scared…. shall we just all go to Butlins instead?

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

but just think of the prop opps monte….think!

• Montee
    Participant

So who’s gonna launch the 2012 LONDON INVASION thread in the Missions section? My diary is filling up and we could do with bouncing a lot of this around. It is a shame that the most effective way of contacting UK Soldiers is still Faeces -book…

• Maybe we should consider moving the invasion to somewhere else? I mean didn’t we start calling it the ‘British’ invasion so that we could move it?

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Bugger it, let’s all go to alton towers! I’ve got a few 2-4-1 vouchers…

In other news, anyone wanting a hostel place for MCM let me know plz ^_^

• LT. Grimm:
    Bugger it, let

• Montee
    Participant

I can drive a Minibus…

• Pennant
    Participant

I’m down with practically anything for the Britain Invasion, but propaganda and huge numbers of tourists surely go hand in hand perfectly
    Also is anyone planning to go to Kapow! in may? 3:

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Tourists, yes. However, it’ll make getting around London neigh impossible. The lead up itself will be pretty large. I’m in favour of a camping trip. We’ve said for years we’d do one, and the summer is looking mighty fine. I’d imagine we could also get some filming done for the TSU Movie.

• Montee
    Participant

You know what we could invade? A FESTIVAL!

There’s lots of cheap little ones going off all over the place these days…

http://www.rockinthebog.com/-

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

I’m well up for a camping trip somewhere. Maybe if we get Lillium involved we can do some SOS stuff as well? I’m quite interested in learning survival type stuff.

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

no kapow for me this year, bit to pircey and close to expo im afraid.

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

Camping? It’s not camping without dire bears…

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Geoff get that Kilted backside of Your back over to this side of the pond will you!

• Geoff Nicholson
    Participant

Still working on finding a good date for a holiday. Whatever happened to that wonderful rail-pass plan that was in the offing once upon a time?

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Too few takers and nobody really had any dates that matched up with anyone else unfortunately, and ofcourse the biggest problem of all, the fact that as soon as any member of TSU has any money they instantly head to the pub.

• Rev. Geoff Nicholson:
    Still working on finding a good date for a holiday.Whatever happened to that wonderful rail-pass plan that was in the offing once upon a time?

You mean that thing where we’d travel round europe for like a month?…. Yeah… not enough takers.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Apothecary Chrysalice: You mean that thing where we

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Hostel for MCM will be booked in a few days, any last minute takers?

• Montee
    Participant

I can’t book for a single night can I? I was planning to doss on a sofa again if everyone is okay with that, cos one of you will have to sneak me in…

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Of course you can :) But the way things are working out we may have a spare bed or two.

• Lillium
    Participant

Camping trip? July?
    Sign me up!
    I know of a wonderful, magical place.
    Britchcombe Farm
    Uffington, Faringdon, Oxfordshire
    It’s right at the base of the White Horse only a 1/4 mile walk from the historic Ridge way and Uffington Castle and a few miles from Wayland’s Smithy.
    The owner is very friendly and will probably put us in our own field away from the other campers.
    Britchcombe Farm
    The local town, Wantage, also has a few nice pubs and a museum.

• That actually looks pretty nice. It’s cheap, far enough from london to be away from the chaos and there’s stuff to do or we can come up with our own stuff.

Looking for more sites to camp. http://www.haleshallcaravanandcampingpark.com/ This one is close to Alton towers. It says its

• Montee
    Participant

Uffington is gorgeous and mega central for everyone. Any idea what transport links are like for Oxford or Swindon>

• Lillium
    Participant

Oxford is very good. There is a bus depo and train station. Not sure about Swindon.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

lets rock this camping party!

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

dont think ill be able to come camping with you guys. have fun without me, if thats possible of course.

• Lillium
    Participant

I need to know how many people can attend the camping trip so that I can reserve our pitch.
    If you are a yes or a maybe, please let me know in the thread Great British Camp Out
    Thanks

• Lieutenant JDUK
    Participant

I need as many TSU-UK members I can muster.

TSU-UK LMFAO parody

• anbu_Riphagen
    Participant

does anyone know if there are any divisions in the hertfordshire area ???

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

i dont think there are any in herts. but there is the london division and the iceni division that resides in colchester, i believe,

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Failing that anbu jut grab some of Your friends get them to join up and make a division Yourself.

All of the information on divisions can be found here, any more questions, just ask.

So you want to start a division.

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

la la la boom de aye!

la la la boom de aye!

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Is morglum a one man band now?

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

im in training to level up to JB Class ( Johnny Bravo, one man army! )

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Train harder!

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Dammit where is everyone! I made this cake specially, Delicious delicious cake!

• Commander JET
    Participant

>.> they are all fast asleep….
    *steals cake*

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

…im here! so now to sample some of this delic….wait a minute…nothing but crumbs!

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

• Morglum, gear up for operation: retrieve cake!

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

uniform, check
    gas mask, check
    body armour, check
    nerf gun, check
    spare pants and socks, check
    ….lets play!

• *plays the mission impossible theme*

Let’s go! *puts on mask and goggles* To the Toy Mobile!

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

*** invasion update ***

well, its getting closer, the dreaded xmas thing…but no worries soldiers, for there is a sterling plan!

come on down to the capital, to camden north london, to the worlds end pub, on saturday 1st dec and enjoy a drink with your fellow toy soldiers!

sing a few songs, red a few cheeks and even maybe a secret robot present give away?

hope to see you guys there!

funited together

invasion thread can be found…here! http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/topic/london-division-1665-dr-steelmas-drinks-1st-dec-2012

• Raptor
    Participant

*Drop kicks fails into thread*

Waddap guys?

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Right, I’ve been recently contacted by our man on the inside at the MCM Expo for an upcoming project for May during the Expo. Our mole so to speak.

Now, obviously we’ll have our own table as per usual, HOWEVER, though I can’t directly say outright in public what this project is, I do require 3 or 4 volunteers to help assist with it. This is something that they came to us about first, rather than going to the more relevant group, which shows they have trust in us, and they know us.

You’ll need to be available during the May Expo, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    This is on par with actually volunteering as a steward for the Expo, so in return you will get free entry. You’ll also get some “God awful t-shirts” (direct quote)
    You’ll be able to wander around the Expo as well, but you’ll be needed in this specific area.
    If you are a Maker or hardware/software Hacker of any particular type, that’d be a great bonus. If you have a project you want to show off, that’d be useful as well.

Please contact me via PM, in the chatroom, skype or facebook (don’t text. I hate texts) for further details.

Btw, this also means we might be able to wrangle our own table for FREE, thusly freeing up some cash for freebies or booze or something.

• Would volunteer if I could be sure I’d make it…. frackin handins….

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

@Apothecary Chrysalice said:
    Would volunteer if I could be sure I’d make it…. frackin handins….

This. I’m not sure where I’ll be in May, but soon as I know I’ll let ya know.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Answers on a postcard as soon as possible, and of course we’ll need soldiers to man our own table, as this will be seperate so to speak from the area we’re normally in.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

@[email protected] This shall need my consideration.

• Engineer Airhead
    Keymaster

For friday i’m not too sure, but in my world weekends are pretty free. I’ll be happy to help!

Fraid i’m not a buff about hacking, nor have I any projects ( yet, probably ).

So it’ll just be my hands that I offer.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Right. It’s January, best start planning. What we doing for TS Day?

• Raptor
    Participant

Nothing. All moneys been saved for house and May

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

for those that may be interested… the circus of horrors are still on tour till the beginning of march. i just got me some tickets! looking forward to the show. details of tour and ticket pricing and all that can be looked over at http://www.circusofhorrors.co.uk

funited together

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

You guys, Dutch is right, What are the plans for TS day?

What shall we do?

Something new exciting and fun that we’ve never done before?

Or something classic classy and established? 

Lets get some ideas rolling!

• Greetings all,

Anyone down Devon way so far I know of one :( .

Regards,

Barsabbas.

• Pennant
    Participant

My Devon sense was tingling, whatup? 

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

@Pennant said:
    My Devon sense was tingling, whatup? 

Are you sure it was your Devon Senses? Not your Yoyo/Stilt/bizarre person senses? 

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

ATTENTION SOLDIERS OF THE UK!

patches for the tsu-uk division are still available!

show the rest of the country and world just how amasing you are!…with a tsu-uk patch or three.

£3 each or two for £5 with free postage and package to any uk address.

but hurry…life isnt infinite!

contact pvtmorglum for orders, queries and intersting seaweed recipes.

• vicky_fgm
    Participant

New here – is the UK all just 1 division?

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Yes, but there are smaller divisions as well, cornwall, london, norfolk, etc.

• vicky_fgm
    Participant

Are they sub divisions or separate? Sorry if I am derping! E.g. would the Norwich division be a sub division of the uk?

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

You can find all of the divisions here: http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/groups/

However, here in the UK we operate more as one, rather than seperate divisions. Mainly because most of us know each other, and the invasions we organize tend to be central locations easy for everyone to get to. Like this weekends MCM Expo in London.

That’s not to say local divisions don’t do their own thing from time to time. Easier and faster to organize, or even spur of the moment type thing.

Overall, whether you’re part of a division or not, it shouldn’t stop you from being as involved as you wish.

• vicky_fgm
    Participant

That’s great, thankyou for your help :)

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

Vicky, if you’re local to Norwich get in touch, we’re trying to get the East Anglia division up and running again :)

• vicky_fgm
    Participant

Hi YJ Grimm, I am based in Nottinghan but have friends in Norwich, was just using it as an example. However I have already started with minor propaganda plans & found there are 2 soldiers I know in Norwich already, but I am not sure they know if things are still active as they joined the army years ago. If you want to message me any details I will pass them on for you though :)

*Edit* Have messaged them to get onto here. :)

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

@vicky_fgm said:
     However I have already started with minor propaganda plans & found there are 2 soldiers I know in Norwich already.

Who are these people O.o

• Reporting in from Sunny Cramlington (that’s near Newcastle for those of you who fear the frozen Northlands).

Do we know of any other TS units around this way.

Also, is anybody going to Manchester Comic Con next month or the October London Comic Con, since business has me at both….

• Raptor
    Participant

Welcome to TSUUK! 

The majority of us will be at the October MCM Expo, but I don’t know about the Manchester Expo. 

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

@Danov Valravn said:
    Reporting in from Sunny Cramlington (that’s near Newcastle for those of you who fear the frozen Northlands).

Also, is anybody going to Manchester Comic Con next month or the October London Comic Con, since business has me at both….

When you say ‘business’ what do you mean?

• techiefIve
    Participant
  • @Danov Valravn said:
    Reporting in from Sunny Cramlington (that’s near Newcastle for those of you who fear the frozen Northlands).

My business is a) The convention I run. Esotericon. Check for it as EsotericonUK on facebook. It’s a crazy blend of theatre, murder mystery weekend and standard sci fi, fantasy, horror faire.

b) My wife’s business. She makes things. Achingly pretty things. I wish I could make things the way she does. Instead I settle for writing, performing and running events.

So yes. Business.

Oddly enough, finding inspiration to keep struggling with all the business is what drew me back to the Toy Soldiers. If anybody can restore a man’s faith in his creativity, the TSU can. It’s why I am planning some propaganda for my stand and shall be carrying TSU ID with me. I owe it to the Doc and by extension, to all of you.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

@Danov Valravn said:

@Danov Valravn said:

My business is a) The convention I run. Esotericon. Check for it as EsotericonUK on facebook. It’s a crazy blend of theatre, murder mystery weekend and standard sci fi, fantasy, horror faire.

b) My wife’s business. She makes things. Achingly pretty things. I wish I could make things the way she does. Instead I settle for writing, performing and running events.

So yes. Business.

Oddly enough, finding inspiration to keep struggling with all the business is what drew me back to the Toy Soldiers. If anybody can restore a man’s faith in his creativity, the TSU can. It’s why I am planning some propaganda for my stand and shall be carrying TSU ID with me. I owe it to the Doc and by extension, to all of you.

FOUND YOU!

I’m assuming this is you then as well? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvYYTEFbBA

• @Sgt. Dutch said:

@Danov Valravn said:

@Danov Valravn said:

So yes. Business.

FOUND YOU!

I’m assuming this is you then as well? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvYYTEFbBA

Yes indeed. In the first of my public service announcements no less.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

@Danov Valravn said:
    (that’s near Newcastle for those of you who fear the frozen Northlands).

KING IN THE NORTH!

• OPEN OFFER TO ALL TOY SOLDIERS!

If you are attending Comic Con in Manchester this month, you can use my stand there (Esotericon/Valravn Designs) as a storage point for propaganda as needed.

The same offer will apply for the London Comic Con in October.

I for one, plan to get some of the pamphlets printed and handed out to those I feel give off the right vibe while I am busy promoting my wife’s artworks and my own event.

So, if you need a supply base to get a little more organised. Consider it done.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Oh Dan! You are a life saver! Tables for October had sold out within 11 days of May and I hadn’t gotten on the case fast enough for them!

I don’t know if anyone is doing Manchester, but I’ll be sure to point them in your direction!

• Oh Dan! You are a life saver! Tables for October had sold out within 11 days of May and I hadn’t gotten on the case fast enough for them!

I don’t know if anyone is doing Manchester, but I’ll be sure to point them in your direction!

No worries. While the Toy Soldiers will be sharing my table at both events I am more than happy to promote the cause alongside my other work as it’s all part of creating the Utopian Playland.

I will be bringing some propaganda and my now tagged up satchel and gillet to Manchester so even if I don’t get to meet with any of the others, I can at least plumb for recruits.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

And in the same way we can always help promote Esotericon.

• YJ Grimm
    Participant

@Danov Valravn said:

No worries. While the Toy Soldiers will be sharing my table at both events I am more than happy to promote the cause alongside my other work as it’s all part of creating the Utopian Playland.

I will be bringing some propaganda and my now tagged up satchel and gillet to Manchester so even if I don’t get to meet with any of the others, I can at least plumb for recruits.

I love this guy!

• Manchester Comic-Con!

I’m here and ready for a hard day of promotion and propaganda. Water tank is ready, stock is set out and we’re going to start the madness bright and early!

Anybody reading this within reach of manchester (or who knows Toy Soldiers who are/could be going) we’ll be at table P26,

Photos to follow once all is completed.

FOR THE GLORY OF THE UTOPIAN PLAYLAND!

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Hey Danov, if you bump into Dr Geof atall while your at the con, annoy him on my behalf wont you :p

• The Commander
    Participant

Hello All!

I was recruited today at MCM Manchester and happens to be from Manchester. Does anyone know if there’s anything planned in that area at the moment?

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

As ever, your best bet is to check the Upcoming Invasions forum.

If there isn’t, you can always start something up yourself, even if it’s just a get together at a pub.

• @The Commander said:
    Hello All!

I was recruited today at MCM Manchester and happens to be from Manchester. Does anyone know if there’s anything planned in that area at the moment?

Huzzah! My efforts were not in vain! :cool:

• TS 3Dsniper
    Participant

for the October MCM expo I will be booking the hostel, and since the hostel I have in mind isn’t all that big, I’d like to start booking early.

The last time I went to this hostel I only payed about 6 pounds for a night, its closer to the excel than st christopher’s  so I reckon it is cheaper in many ways. the bathrooms are clean and some of the dorms actually have an en suite!

so, to get this party started, who will be joining us? I sent a message to the hostel to see if they could give me a quote on 15 and 20 people. and I expect to have the place booked halfway through september.

• Raptor
    Participant

Book me! Book me!

An en-suite would actually a great benefit for my health problems XD

• We’ve gone the other way in that we’re taking the hostel to the Excel, camper van style! Since we have so much of my wife’s work to haul around as traders, it didn’t make sense doing otherwise, especially when the Excel has designated trade vehicle and camper van parking.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Book me and Grimm in for the Friday night, Saturday and Sunday night.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

I’m in, as normal. Actually looking forward to not having to cart an entire tables worth of kit with me.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

May have 60KG of gear to move, but ill work that one out latter

• Sir-Hamster
    Participant

Yeah I will be there, if you could book me in for Friday, Saturday, Sunday night :D Money Money for Whiskey and Cigars! :D

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

No Whiskey or Cigars untill you upload a profile picture good Sir!

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

tsu-uk patches for sale!
    with a smile!
    …bring money!

• I want the TSU-UK patches. My uniform cries out for them! How does one acquire them?

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

they are £2.50 each

let me know how many you want

send me a cheque and your address

and then i send them out.

easy peasy, 

strength through steel!

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

I actually need to get some more of these…

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

more of my little patches?

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

I never had any of them in the first place, I had Lt. Grimms full fat versions.

But I do need a couple for something.

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

well you can send me the money and an address for me to post them out to or wait till next expo which i should be going to.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Will my cube be comming to the Expo aswell?

• @Brigadier Davis said:

Only if you remember to bring my dvds

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

@Apothecary Chrysalice said:

@Brigadier Davis said:

Only if you remember to bring my dvds

But CB has my cube, not you O.o

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

JEEESUS CHRIIIIIIST

-Blows Eleven months worth of dust from the thread and nearly chokes to death-

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time for another UK invasions, I know weve got MCM comming up, but what about after that, whats next. Any idea?

Theme park invasion? Water park invasion? Sea side invasion? Any idea you lovelly lot have knocking around your heads, lets put them to good use. Lets make 2015 the year of the Toy Soldier.

• Sgt. Slightly
    Participant

Theme park invasion sounds great. Thorpe Park anyone?

• Evelfa
    Participant

We’ve tried to arrange a theme park invasion for years! Lol.  The question would be whats the easiest one to get to?  As they’re all pretty much the same price (start collecting those 2 for 1 tickets people)

• Sir-Hamster
    Participant

Hi everybody sounds a great idea, my suggestions with either be a Cornish adventure invation, camping, beach invation, we have a number of places to invate (flambards is are nearest sort of theme park) and in regards of travel quite easy by bus to get here. Also it has great beer :D 

Or if people want to me more adventurous and wish to leave the mainland could do the same by to the Isle of Silly? less to do but more beaches and camping?

• I will always push for more activity up here in Northumberland for the simple reason that space is easy to acquire for not much money so we can do workshops and all manner or craziness, there is a LOT of countryside to explore and while we may not have much in the way of theme parks, there is plenty of beach to explore and castles aplenty!

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Makes me really happy to see you guys on board with this. laugh

Right, camp out we have done before, it was good fun if damp, so we know that that works. Though it was more of a tactical play time last time, so nearer a town or some kind of habitation we can invade?

Beach invasion, Don’t think we have ever done one to my knowledge, Plenty of opportunities for Mayhem, buried prop and mysterious symbols drawn in the sand.

Theme park invasion, just sticks in my head due to the whole principle of fun, I often wonder whether people there would be more susceptible because they’re enjoying themselves ect ect. But then, as Elfie says, you have the problem of cost, not to mention waiting times for rides!

Keep the ideas comming through, well get something together.

• The DoctorDoth'Rah
    Participant

I am up for any of these :D

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Then lets get a plan together and DO something!

• Sgt. Slightly
    Participant

Let’s invade Poland! 
    No wait. Wrong conversation. 

Um.. I would love to do a camp out, and there’s no reason we couldn’t organise a camp out near a beach somewhere?

• I like the idea of Poland invasions tbh…. its cheap, there’s booze and jazz music everywhere plus the food is tasty. 

Campout during autumn/winter time maybe not such a good plan. 

What about toymas/steelmas? We haven’t done anything for that in a while. 

General gathering might be a nice idea.

• Evelfa
    Participant

Lets worry about actually managing to arrange something on our home turf before we consider going abroad. 

We want to attract as many soldiers as possible after all, people are less likely to go to things that are abroad (at the moment at least)

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

how about leicester? or lincoln?

in an L kind of mode right now.

not london though…

• Nurse Micki
    Participant

YES!

Leicester!

Come to Leicester!

Leicester is very central

We have a space centre and fairly priced alcohol :D

Also I miss you all!

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

So…..Apparently Leicester is popular…..Any more thoughts?

• Pvt Morglum
    Participant

a rolling stone gathers no moss,

but is more likely to crack and fall apart….

• Sgt. Slightly
    Participant

I’m fine with Leicester :P

• Pennant
    Participant

I’m definitely ready for action
    TSU UK vs 2015

• Depends on what you guys are thinking of doing and if you’re up for me bringing the lovely wife and three kids.

I personally would push for some kind of boot camp/creative where we are making something over the course of a weekend that we can film/perform to an audience/exhibit etc. so we have something to show for our shenanigans and more propaganda ops.

I personally would volunteer to run improv theatre groups, both for ourselves and something we could offer to the public as a way to bring people in.

That and ritualistic, masked performance incorporating use of some fire play, but that needs more safety paperwork.

• Sgt. Slightly
    Participant

I’m fairly capable of assisting Danov in theatre workshops/improv sessions. 
    Especially if its after christmas – I’m about to study them specifically on my degree

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Right then, lets get something planned shall we? We’ll worry about dates later, but we have a location and if we also have a plan of action we shall be unstoppable!

When I say plan of action I dont just mean wandering around then going to the pub…

• Sir-Hamster
    Participant

Leicester is good for me, just if people are looking at travel to Leicester it is possible to get to central Leicester from most places in the country for under £20 each way. I have looked it up from Cornwall and its going to cost me £18 each way if I time it right. If anybody else is having difficulty with getting a good price on travel give me a nudge and I will find the cheapest way for you to get there. :D

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

For this invasion Sir Hamster has been appointed official Travel Rodent.

• I would suggest we look at getting our hands (or other randomised appendages) on a space where we can do some amazing things. I’ll have a look for ones in Leicester at some point today and see what I can dredge up (even if it is taking over an office space for a long weekend and using it as an “arts installation”).

• Alright troops. Allow your eyes to look over the following and give some thought to what we could do if we are willing to either raise some funds or stretch ourselves to do something productive:

The Phoenix

It is the best space for the money, unless we want to shoot for the stars and put on a show or something to get the masses in.

It’s that or find a club or the like that will let us take over and run an evening’s entertainment as a recruitment drive. So if any locals could look into that side of things, I’d be much obliged.

• Nurse Micki
    Participant

Phoenix square is a good space they have conference halls that I have used for a burlesque troop rehearsal before swell as performing there for uni, its also just outside of the cultural quarter so only a stones throw from the city centre. As for bars and things, the ones with space aren’t really that welcoming towards anything beyond party bookings where they know they are going to raise a lot of income, even though they advertise otherwise! Trust me we had a venue drop a show 2 weeks before it happened andIi nearly killed people in the process of finding the venue we use now.

Basically id say Phoenix for an indoor space is good.

Then depending on the plans and when it happens there is also a couple of nice green spaces kicking around town like Castle Gardens or Bede Park, Bede being where my Uni Circus Skills Society used to practice in the early evenings with fire and fun things so yeah.

Hope that is more use that rambling.

• Being that I always assume the weather is going to be bad or we might want to build crazy things having an indoors space available is never a bad thing….

Good to know I was onto a good track though. Cheers Micki!

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

My only issue with these of an indoor space is how do we then draw people in? what do we do to get them into the building/room/wherever we are. Though I do agree it would be good for if the weather was against us.

Personally im leaning towards the green areas idea. If the weather if good people go there to relax and chill and and see what’s going on. Plenty of space for all forms of soldiery entertainment and hyjinx to get people interested.

Because sometimes youve litterally got to show people what fun is.

• Depends on what you mean by “draw people in”. If we are doing workshops, building all manner of stuff and working towards terrifying/converting/entertaining the locals on the second day with something prepped, the indoor space is a godsend as there are no interruptions.

If you are going more freeform and doing “stuff” with pretty much anybody able to walk in or out and do whatever, then you don’t need that kind of specific space or structure to what you are doing and we can work/play better somewhere where passerby will be likely to wonder what we are doing.

Doing improv workshops and all that kind of jazz works well either way (possibly even better with passerby depending on how fun/good natured/tolerant a town is). If we were going to Edinburgh I’d be exceedingly well up for that as the locals generally know the score. Suffice to say, I am flexible to majority want and need on this one. I’ll offer up my services in improv, vocal coaching and other such nonsense regardless. 

• Sir-Hamster
    Participant

Yeah I think Iron has a point if we are in doors (yes a good idea if its going to wet) but if we want to be seen and heard outside might be a better idea, also if we indend to do as demonstraighted above somewhere with soft ground incase of gravity related accidents lol

• Nurse Micki
    Participant

I have always loved that picture!

Both Bede and Castle are close to town Castle is smaller but it’s across the road from a scream pub so cheap drinks and shelter if needed.

Bede is bigger and probably better for footfall as people cut through it to get into town from the other side. :)

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

I have no idea what Bede or Castle are :p. We’ve got plenty of time to prepare this event so lets not rush into anything, explore all of the ideas!

• Nurse Micki
    Participant

They are green spaces :)

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Well then, since Leicester seemed to hit a bit of a stumbling block, anyone mind If I put this out here as a mini Invasion for UK-TS 

http://www.toysoldiersunite.com/forums/upcoming-invasions/operation-frozen-soldier/#p27036

Afterall, Leicester will still be there in the summer.

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

-kicks forum hard-

Wakey Wakey, Rise and Shine you lot. Its a beautiful day to have fun.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

@Brigadier Davis said:
    -kicks forum hard-

Five more minutes! 

• Lt. Sophie
    Keymaster

@Sgt. Dutch said:

@Brigadier Davis said:
    -kicks forum hard-

Five more minutes! 

No, you get up now, young man! *empties bucket of cold water in your face*

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Right then, now everyone is finally awake -Meaningful glare at Dutch- Shall we get down to business?

What have we got coming up after the Gamin Marathon and MCM

What events can we piggy back and, more importantly, what can we do for ourselves?

The Namco invasion as so wonderfully organised by Evelfa has shown us that the Toy soldiers are still capable of organising our own events, albeit aided by a specific location. But we can do it. So why not plan some more. To contradict Ned Stark, SUMMER IS COMMING! and what we make of that is up to us.

• Kraken
    Participant

Well, if we’re suggesting things…

As a few of you poor souls already know, one of my favourite pet ideas was to do something involving the HMS Victory. It’s docked in Portsmouth – as it has been for a long ol’ time now – and it would be really very cool and nice if we could organise a trip around the world’s oldest commissioned war vessel. I checked the ticket prices out and they are a tad steep at £18 for an adult, but considering the history of the place and the fact that a lot of our gang are avowed steampunks, a visit to the most famous vessel of the Royal Navy seems fitting to me!

The only thing I can think of (right now) that may be a bit of an impediment is the issue of uniforms. Obviously, while Victory mostly serves as a living museum, it is also technically an active ship in the Royal Navy and so to turn up in what looks suspiciously like a set of political uniforms could be a bad idea. That’d have to be researched thoroughly, of course, a la the research we did for the Great Grand British Invasion of 2010.

Still, what does everyone think? 

• You UK guys could come to the Netherlands for once and enjoy a day in the Efteling! :P

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

@Orbital Sciences Director Gonzo, YJ said:
    You UK guys could come to the Netherlands for once and enjoy a day in the Efteling! :P

Lets get the U.K Division back on its feet doing its own stuff over here before we start kitting ourselves out for overseas missions Gonzo :p

• Nah I’ve been to the U.K. and met it’s division. You lot should just all come over here, the Netherlands is awesome!

• Brigadier Davis
    Participant

Tempting…..I suppose we could get a few people out there :p I hear you have some good Theme Parks atleast 

• TS 3Dsniper
    Participant

Indeed we do!  If we plan in advance we can make my place the base of operations, it’s fairly centrally located and we have enough space for beds. (I think Gonzo can testify to this?)

As long as people don’t mind bringing sleeping bags and air mattresses that is.

• Sgt. Slightly
    Participant

I’d be down for that. 

• Kraken
    Participant

Yeah, sure, why not? Figure we’re always doing things the other way around, anyway… just so long as it’s in a while, because BOY do I have some financial restructuring to do.

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

I’m under orders to head over the Netherlands and the Efteling within the next year with the girls, though we’ll be staying in Almkerk.

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

There is some good rambling near and in the Biesbos, or so I’m told.

Good thing about our little itty bitty country, you’re not that far away from just about anything…. or anyone…

• @Captain Dermut said:
    There is some good rambling near and in the Biesbos, or so I’m told.

Good thing about our little itty bitty country, you’re not that far away from just about anything…. or anyone…  

Only a 6 hour boat ride or 1 hour flight! Also we have the Efteling!

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Or 6 to 14 hour train ride, depending on the weather….

Don’t ask….

• Looks like I may be hitting up the Netherlands next Summer to visit the wife’s extended family and have a bit of a break, which must include visiting Efteling. How could I not?

Also, anybody able to make it up to Edinburgh for the last week of October, the city is having a Horror Festival, and I am being bullied into writing a show for it. ;-)

I promise the Hot Dog Man will not be a part of that! The show…. any other spoken word piece I may do. No promises there.

• Awesome news Danov! We shall plan a meet-up!

• Trixie
    Participant

I’ve not been very active since joining what seems like ages ago, as life has been in flux for me…but now that things aren’t totally topsy-turvy, I was wondering if there is anything new and exciting going on in the UK Division?

Right now, I am in Bletchley/Milton Keynes, but will be moving to Gloucester at the end of February. It would be epic to get some events going if anyone is interested!

• Sgt. Dutch
    Participant

Well Trixie, not all that much is currently planned. There’s the usual invasion of the MCM Expo’s in London, but they’re getting more expensive (plus I can only afford to have a table there once a year). Most of the active soldiers are in the general area of London, and I swing over there every now and then.

March 4th, Toy Soldier Day, hasn’t gotten any plans yet. Personally I was thinking a wee camp-out but I’m reminded of how frigging cold it is in March.

Forums aren’t all that great for grabbing attention, however we have a rather active Facebook group you might like to check out. Also the Discord Server is generally always active as well.

In either case, welcome back to active duty, soldier!

• Trixie
    Participant

Thanks! I usually try to attend at least one MCM a year…as you said they’re getting progressively more expensive, and now that I don’t really live within “commutable” distance from London (was in Farnborough before moving to Bletchley) it’s a bit more difficult. 

I’m most likely going to be attending Whitby Steampunk Weekend, and I am DEFINITELY going to be at Whitby Goth Weekend, so if anyone is interested in planning something at either of those events, I would be quite game to help!

• Yske!
    Participant

Wondering if I should get working on a toy soldiers uniform for comic con… Is anyone else going and on what days? Saturday for me last year was horrid, it was pretty damn overcrowded.

• Lt. Sophie
    Keymaster

@funkynuggets said:
    Wondering if I should get working on a toy soldiers uniform for comic con… Is anyone else going and on what days? Saturday for me last year was horrid, it was pretty damn overcrowded.  

Guess that depends what Comic Con you talk about. :D Generally, people are at the London Comic Con. I don’t know so much about this year’s plans, to be honest. But we usually try to get a table there (which doesn’t always work out).

As Dutch mentioned above, joining the FB group or Discord helps to find out what people are planning. The forums are not always that frequented.

• Captain Dermut
    Participant

Sounds like what I remember from the Saturday at MCM London last October. And yeah, a lot of us soldiers were there. Just keep you eye on this channel and on the FB pages to hear what plans there are for May and next October or any other invasion that might follow.

• Raptor
    Participant
  • Not going to MCM. Ever!!!!

Though I am now regularly performing in variety shows in Edinburgh and am even listed to drop in to a couple of them for the Fringe!

So happy to be able to flex my creative muscles somewhere/somehow.

Amber and I are also looking at running a group in the Saimhuinn Festival on October 31st. So if anybody is heading to Edinburgh any time in the near future, let me know and we can do a meet up!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.