Today is March 4th, and upon this day 11 years ago Toy Soldiers Unite & The Army of Toy Soldiers was founded. Every year we celebrate it by taken the day to ourselves to do the things that make us happy, to fuel our pineal gland and stoke the fires of our creativity and imagination!
This year I am very glad to present to you this little video which is the culmination of submissions by Toy Soldiers who wanted to show the world their passions! With music by Dr. Malice & The Absinthetic Orchestra, we hope you’ll share this with friends, family, strangers, unwitting victims, and your dog Gusto.
I honestly wish I could’ve shown the entirety of the videos submitted to TSU-HQ, because they were all brilliant! And for every single comrade who submitted a video, I know there are a thousand more who are doing the same thing, pursuing their passion, engineering their reality, and marching forth towards a Utopian Playland!
Alright you lot. Gonna actually attempt to plan ahead a bit.
Toy Soldier Day is in a few weeks, and I have an idea that’ll highlight the very core of the Army of Toy Soldiers. YOU!
Between now and February 26th, record and submit a video of yourselves doing what you are the most passionate about.
Are you writing fanfic? Get someone to record over your shoulder as you beat the living hell out of your keyboard.
Building a robot? Film its first steps and/or epic failure.
Streaming games? Creating props? Playing music? Fighting for your rights? Teaching skills? Forging metal? Exploring the world? Exploring your mind?
I want you to show and tell the world in no more than 1 Minute, what it is that your pineal gland thrives upon.
– Your video can be edited, but nothing fancy. No flashes, or fades, or such. Just a straight cut from one scene to the next.
– No music or background ambience (excepting if you’re a musician)
– Maximum length of 1 minute total. It can be shorter if you want.
– Review your video before uploading it. Check you can be clearly seen and heard. Google for quick tips if need be.
– No nudity, swearing, politics, religion or actual guns/weapons. Painted nerf guns and props are fine.
– It can be 1080p or potato quality. Not expecting Scorsese here. Even just a selfie video on your phone will do.
– Toy Soldier Uniform would be nice, but is not a requirement. There is a sale currently on in the Armory if you’d like to finally get around to making a new uniform.
At the end of your video, it’d be great if you could do the following.
1. Gaze at the camera, and say “To a Utopian Playland.” (dramatically).
2. Perform the Toy Soldier Salute. Place right hand fist onto your heart, then snap head to the right, tilted upwards ever so slightly, as if staring into the future, and hold that pose for a few seconds. That’ll be where your video ends.
Where to send your video:
Please upload your video to either Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar file sharing site, and send the link to [email protected]
Do NOT upload to Youtube, Vimeo or elsewhere, or attempt to email the file directly, it wont work.
The cut off date is the 26th of February, there’s no negotiating this and anything that arrives afterwards will not be included.
Your video will be part of a montage, so not all elements may be used, but we’ll do our utmost to get the best parts included.
If you have any questions, reply to this topic, or pop into the Discord server.
I sincerely look forward to getting to know and show your passions, talents, hobbies and pinecones better, and sharing them with the world.
To a Utopian Playland!
Sergeant Dutch assigns one of his many agents to investigate and inspect the mysterious Dr. Modius.
I can’t tell you how I felt when I first watched this. But I’ve cottoned on it’s probably a trans-dimensional transmission. There is a hidden hand at work here….. I’ll quit with the puppet puns now.
Produced and puppeted by the inimitable Dr. Larry Malice. Be sure to check out his music as well as others on the Toy Soldiers Unite Bandcamp!
Revived from the depths of a bygone time, Build A Playland has been revitalized with the efforts of Dr. Malice & The Absinthetic Orchestra, and along with SilentAddle and various Toy Soldiers, given a whole music video to entertain your pineal gland with! Enjoy!
Dr. Malice has something special in store for the 10 year anniversary of Toy Soldiers Unite & The Army of Toy Soldiers. After having spent much time working upon it, Dr. Malice has created a brand new cover and expansion of the song Build A Playland. Together with Silent Addle, a video will be made for this song, to celebrate our anniversary.
But more importantly, they need YOUR help, to create audio and video for this project. Watch the video below for further explanation from Dr. Malice.
Thank you for choosing to participate in the SilentAddle/Dr. Malice 10th Anniversary video project! Please watch the above video* and follow the outlined instructions below to submit your, um,….submission!
1. Download Audacity (http://audacityteam.org/)
2. Download desired file to sing/play along with
3. In Audacity, select ImportAudio [insert downloaded file name here]
3. Make sure you have a microphone connected. If on a laptop, it’s ok to use your internal mic. Also, be sure to use headphones when recording your audio. This will minimize track bleed from the original track.
4. Press record and sing/play along with the original file
5. On the downloaded file track, press the mute button
6. Select FileExport Audio
7. Select desired output file extension (.wav, .mpeg, .mp3 [download required for this format])
8. Name the file [insert your ToySoldier name here]Audio
9. Export to disk
10. Upload to either GoogleDrive or Dropbox
11. Send the link to [email protected]
1. Using your webcam, phone, or an actual video camera, record yourself (and some friends if you wish) singing along with the song. Be aware that the audio will be removed from the video file for the final project, so if you want anything specific played in your audio, record a separate audio track that matches the video.
2. Upload your video to either GoogleDrive or Dropbox
3. Send a link to your video to [email protected]
1. Have fun!
2. Wear your uniform!
5. It’s the 10th anniversary!
Deadline is February 1st.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Dr. Malice directly at
The Dok discusses the Atomic Age, Mind Control, and Reviews Fan Mail! Brace yourselves for an intellectually stimulating good time!
Like the Dok on Facebook at:
Send your fan mail and questions to:
To see the full Quackington’s Quackers Info-mercial, head on over here
Cap’n C. Worthy and friends are enlist in the Army of Toy Soldiers
– An organization dedicated to taking over the world with fun and bringing about a Utopian Playland!
Comrades, I present the first of eight public service announcements, shining a light on the interests of the Army of Toy Soldiers. Share with others, show your friends, brainwash your teachers, and don’t forget to leave a comment.